Power Steering Solution Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Power Steering Reservoir Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

If you are doing a flush consider Amsoil synthetic PS fluid as well. There are a couple of owners here running that with zero issues. I had already installed my res/cooler and did the flush with Mercon but next round I will most like go with synthetic PS.

Actually was looking that AMSOIL up and looks like the dedicated power steering fluid does not show compatible with Mercon V. Even the ATF signature series FE or OE Fuel-Efficient is either, even though that shows up for the 6.2, but that is for Mercon LV.

The ONLY one I see that actually shows it is used instead of Mercon V is signature series "multi-vehicle" and OE "multi-vehicle" ATF. If I go this route, I will get that.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got another email from auto anything about my order being delayed again. But this time there's a twist. It says "if you wish to keep your order active, click here by 2/23/16 16:00 PM to accept your new shipping date of 3/9/16" the thing is though, They didn't send the email until 5pm today.. But to keep my order active I'm supposed to accept by 1600 today. If I don't get my cooler and reservoir I'll be pissed. Has anyone else got this from them?

D

Deleted member 12951

Just got another email from auto anything about my order being delayed again. But this time there's a twist. It says "if you wish to keep your order active, click here by 2/23/16 16:00 PM to accept your new shipping date of 3/9/16" the thing is though, They didn't send the email until 5pm today.. But to keep my order active I'm supposed to accept by 1600 today. If I don't get my cooler and reservoir I'll be pissed. Has anyone else got this from them?

Did you click it and it seem like it worked? AutoAnything is in CA, so technically it would be up to 7pm your time, 4pm their time. I bet they will honor it. If the link didn't work, I would call them.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you click it and it seem like it worked? AutoAnything is in CA, so technically it would be up to 7pm your time, 4pm their time. I bet they will honor it. If the link didn't work, I would call them.

Yea it seemed to work. But when I checked the status of the order it said pending. I'm assuming it just hasn't been updated yet. I just think it's pretty crappy that they would have canceled my order if I wouldn't have happened to check my email in that small window. Now I'm going to be checking my email like crazy to make sure they don't try and pull that again

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it seemed to work. But when I checked the status of the order it said pending. I'm assuming it just hasn't been updated yet. I just think it's pretty crappy that they would have canceled my order if I wouldn't have happened to check my email in that small window. Now I'm going to be checking my email like crazy to make sure they don't try and pull that again

Ordered on Monday and I have tracking numbers(s) that show Friday delivery. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Ordered on Monday and I have tracking numbers(s) that show Friday delivery. Fingers crossed.

So you ordered at the higher price? And yours is coming before his (at his lower price), WTF??

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you ordered at the higher price? And yours is coming before his (at his lower price), WTF??

Yeah, doesn't make sense.

Not to pick on a vendor but I had issues with these guys when ordering parts for my Jeep. Ordered new shocks and got three delivered, the forth came 30 days later. When I originally placed the order, all four came back as "in stock" and I never got a notice of supply issues.

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my order last Friday (5 days after ordering) and did the install last weekend. Install went smoothly but I took my time to avoid spills.

The product is well constructed, especially the new reservoir.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457034619.886187.jpg

Cooler installed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457034675.680430.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457035094.666049.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457035121.211166.jpg

To avoid getting fluid all over I pumped as much old fluid out as I could, then by removing the airbox I had room to pour the remaining fluid out while the hoses were still attached.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457034721.447934.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457034866.074499.jpg

Then I just trimmed to fit and attached all the lines to the cooler and new reservoir. I did use real hose clamps instead of the spring clamps for some added insurance.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457034952.595967.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457034969.556141.jpg

To fill and cycle the system I had the front end of the truck jacked up and cycled the steering back and forth with the reservoir cap off until the fluid settled and all the air bubbles worked out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457035055.594426.jpg

Very happy with the finished product.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really ****** me off. I mean I'm happy you got yours and everything. But it's been a month and they haven't even shipped mine