Power Steering Solution Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Power Steering Reservoir Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ Nope, I received mine pretty quickly, arrived last Thurs IIRC.

It was an odd shipping arrangement though; 2 separate boxes, one box for the resevoir/quart of fluid and the 2nd box for the finned cooler. Both boxes were delivered at the same time.

Maybe there is/was a regional warehouse parts/delay or something...?

Mine came in 2 boxes also I think it is because the cooler is an add on option from some places.

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a pretty severe burned oil smell when I opened my stock reservoir cap after SnoBall.

Just ordered the Reservoir and Cooler from Autoanything using their 20% off code. Price after code is up to $379.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I noticed a pretty severe burned oil smell when I opened my stock reservoir cap after SnoBall.

Just ordered the Reservoir and Cooler from Autoanything using their 20% off code. Price after code is up to $379.

Wow. $474.99 now! I guess they sold all of those to us and realized that they lost money and had someone quickly change the price. LOL!!
Odd though, the cooler is now $114.99 and the reservoir is $424.99 but buy them together, it's $474.99, so getting the cooler for $50 when bundled.

Mine did arrive on Friday in two boxes. Well congrats that got em at such a great deal and glad I was able to inform other FRF bro's before it was corrected. I am sorry that you had to pay more.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone's order from autoanything got delayed?
I got this email last week:

However, your order was delayed due to reasons beyond our control, and your shipping date has been revised. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Here's your revised shipping information:
ICON Power Steering Components (Qty: 1)

Revised Shipping Date:2/23/2016

I got this too. But have yet to receive an updated email or anything else. Still no reservoir.. I'm getting pretty bummed

D

Deleted member 12951

I got this too. But have yet to receive an updated email or anything else. Still no reservoir.. I'm getting pretty bummed

Its being shipped directly from ICON. I am sure they didn't expect the surge of orders and probably back ordered now. ICON doesn't actually make these, they are the middle man for PSS.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its being shipped directly from ICON. I am sure they didn't expect the surge of orders and probably back ordered now. ICON doesn't actually make these, they are the middle man for PSS.

I do feel better now seeing that other people have got theirs. I guess I'll try being patient..

D

Deleted member 12951

While replacing the power steering reservoir has anyone done a fluid flush? This guys concept looks pretty straight forward and thorough. Has anyone tried this?

Not a Raptor but the same concept would seem to apply.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4MzsTyFMo

I was planning on changing it out and just use the Fluid that comes with the kit to get the job done. Then take it to the Ford dealership and get the flush. But I wanted something better than Mercon V as I cannot find a definite answer if its a full synthetic or not. I am looking at getting AMSOIL full synthetic signature series ATF to give to the dealer to use.

In regards to the video, yeah that looks like the best way I have seen but I always thought it was a bad idea to turn your wheel lock to lock when on the pavement. Seems it would be better to jack the front up before doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

sj-CHI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed on the pavement turning -- I plan to jack the front up to avoid any further complications.

I do think that getting all the fried fluid out from SnoBall is key. I will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I was planning on changing it out and just use the Fluid that comes with the kit to get the job done. Then take it to the Ford dealership and get the flush. But I wanted something better than Mercon V as I cannot find a definite answer if its a full synthetic or not. I am looking at getting AMSOIL full synthetic signature series ATF to give to the dealer to use.

If you are doing a flush consider Amsoil synthetic PS fluid as well. There are a couple of owners here running that with zero issues. I had already installed my res/cooler and did the flush with Mercon but next round I will most likely go with synthetic PS.

Last edited: