Power Steering Solution Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Power Steering Reservoir Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was thinking for some added cooling with only the res. change out.

The cooler looks great, will it mount where the tranny cooler is?

Joe

012BLUESVT - Here is the picture of the cooler installed and the components. If you have any other questions let me know. Thanks

pss-cooler-cutout.jpg

pss-cooler-labeled.jpg

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The addition of the cooler and kitting it with the res sold me on which way to go. Cool video of the process!

WorldTour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got around to installing my PSS resevior (without cooler) on Saturday & I'll admit at first just looking at it I was convinced that as high quality that it is, it really wasn't much more than shiny engine bay bling.

Install was a snap, actually it was harder to remove the old res than it was to put in the new one thanks to 50k worth of time & grime.
Whole removal & install took less than 10min and the fitment is spot on!

After installing I drove around for a little bit then checked for leaks, none were to be found. Sunday morning I was up bright and early to go do some trail scouting for the GLRE fall event and I checked the level which was a little low due to air in the lines from the install & removal. I topped it off with the supplied PSS fluid and drove four hours to the area where we're looking at for the event and "wheeled" with the land managers scouting the various properties and trails for a solid 3-4hrs, then at the end of the day made the 4hr trek home.

There was no more powersteering whine which wasn't uncommon to hear from my truck after 45-60min of moderate off-roading with similar ambient temps. Not a drop of leaked PS fluid anywhere to be found and upon checking the fluid level it was right where I had topped it off with no sign of aeration. Not to mention in a muddy, nasty engine bay the bling factor was still very much present. Now, I know I pre-judged this product and I can fully admit I was wrong to do so, the PSS Resevior does whats it's advertised to do... and even adds a little underhood style while doing it too.

Mark