Just an awesome company

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wiz1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Below is a blog from a previous post that I made after our trip out West with my brand new Icon Shocks.
I can tell you from personal experience that these Icon shocks rock and SDHQ rocks for selling them to me. The tuning on these are second to none. The hits I put these shocks through and the way they soaked them up were just amazing to my son and I. We installed these shocks literally 1 day before we left on our 6,000 mile long road trip to Las Vegas so we could play with the guys from Raptor Expeditions.
On the way out there (2000 miles) we made several adjustments to fine tune the on road characteristics of the shocks. We were able to get the truck so stable down the freeway that we could take turns sleeping in the passenger seat, all of the expansion joint jumping was gone. Then when we hit the dirt in Vegas we noted our highway settings and started playing with all the knobs again, we were able to tune the shocks to support the truck at high speed through some of the nastiest terrain the west has to offer. There were cautions marked out on our GPS that we came into bracing for impact and ended up sailing through them with ease. This is where David and I looked at each other and said "why was that marked as a caution?" LOL Knowing full well that these were for trucks that had inferior shocks installed. This created a situation of maybe a little over confidence on my part when driving, but I can tell you this, even when the truck was over driven into cautions and the bump zones became active the performance of the Icon's was second to none. I do not claim to be a shock expert I'm simply an enthusiastic consumer although I have driven and road in trucks that have competing shock systems and these Icon's put them all to shame.
I have no reason at all to consider any other system..
Thank you SDHQ for your honest and correct opinion. Thanks Icon for making a KILLER shock system..
Secondly and just as important is the customer service that I received from both Brad and Dylan. We had a slight problem with one of the By-passes when we were out west. They mad the offer to take a shock down off there display at SEMA to go install it on my truck. Brad handed me the shock and said "go put this one on and send me the other one back when you get home". Thankfully it didn't come to that and all was well. I just thought that was one of the greatest things I had ever had happen to me from a vendor. These guy's actually care about their customers. Also, because of their great sponsorship of the upcoming Snowball 500, I have taken the liberty of adding them to the Vinyl package on my truck. Once again I would just like to say thanks!!!
331945_4298812832473_617644907_o.jpg

411571_4298811672444_1379476614_o.jpg

WIZ
________

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wiz, I could not agree with you more. After talking to you and Matt, I did my due diligence and looked into it further. After being led down the primrose path before with other products. I was damn determined not to throw away good money again.

Dealing with both SDHQ and ICON has been great. And highly recommend both of these companies for putting up with me.

-Greg

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I completely agree! They've been more than happy to welcome me to their facility multiple times, being as I'm local, and give me a full tour and show me an in-depth look how the shocks on the Raptor are designed and assembled.

I went to their facility last Friday, as Icon's request, to have them refurbish one of my rear shocks that took a SEVERE hit on my last run. Icon offered to refurbish the shock for me, so I came down to the facility with my truck. Dylan and Adrian actually pulled the shock off my truck right on the spot, and had it re-built with a brand new shaft and lower mount in about 15 minutes, and back on the truck!

My truck in their assembly facility:

photo_zps2acd0eab.jpg

Dylan showing me around, including some of their CNC machines:

photo1-3_zpsfb2ba8e3.jpg

Adrian, re-building my shock:

photo3-3_zps4ff4b652.jpg

Overall, the Icon guys have always gone out of their way to not only support the product, but also take the time to explain things in DETAIL about how they work, how they're designed, and leave you with a better understanding of the whole setup.

Great guys, great shocks, great company...

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We as a company could not be happier to be apart of the Raptor nation. The quality enthusiast found here on FRF has been a great experience and we truly appreciate everyone's passion that is possessed. ICON is proud to sponsor such events like the Raptor Expedition Runs, SnoBall 500, IBRR, ITRR and I can tell you we have only scratched the surface.

2013 is going to be a great year and we thank you all for being apart of the ICON family!

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

www.iconvehicledynamics.com
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension

svtlightning00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keith the truck looks great and i can't wait to see that thing shortly at the house. We will have to think up of something to change the look of my truck for sure. I can't wait to get my shocks and put them on.

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job on the graphics! Really great. If only every business we delt with on a day to day basis treated their customers with the same care and concern you describe in your writeup....what a cool world that would be. They are doing it right! Looking forward to meeting those guys at the Snoball!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts