ICON Ford Raptor Rear Hydraulic Bumpstop System Official Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon, why a 2" bump stop instead of 2.5" Pros and Cons of each? I'm sure you had a reason.

Also, how much spring compression before you contact the bump with National Springs?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might just be getting old but the price is important to me and it is high. With that said it is a beautifully engineered and manufactured bump stop kit and is the one I would buy. Each of us uses our trucks differently, I myself drive mine daily so by default it sees 80% street. The other 20% is medium to high speed gravel and dirt roads/trails that are not all that rough. I am not saying that I have no need for a bump stop kit but I feel that my for my use most of the kits are overkill.

I love the look and feel of a truck with icon suspension and this new bump stop kit just makes it even better looking and better performing. Icon continues to to bring outstanding products to market for the Raptor and lots of other trucks. Great job guys!

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Icon, why a 2" bump stop instead of 2.5" Pros and Cons of each? I'm sure you had a reason.

Also, how much spring compression before you contact the bump with National Springs?

We design and tune the components in our systems to perform based on what the application calls for. The 2.0 is sufficient and we are nowhere near the tuning limits of our hydraulic bumpstop. If we had reached the limit during our tuning and testing we would have gone back and redesigned a different and/or bigger bumpstop. The performance through everything has exceeded our expectations, and we are very happy with the kit being offered.

There is Approx 3" of clearance at stock ride height with stock spring. (keep in mind this can vary slightly from truck to truck with manufacture allowable tolerance in acceptable right heights) If your aftermarket spring lifts or lowers the rear of the truck then you would need to account for that. Contact of the bumpstop in normal around town driving is infrequent and rarely noticed. Most around town contact occurs when going through a driveway at an angle.

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I might just be getting old but the price is important to me and it is high. With that said it is a beautifully engineered and manufactured bump stop kit and is the one I would buy. Each of us uses our trucks differently, I myself drive mine daily so by default it sees 80% street. The other 20% is medium to high speed gravel and dirt roads/trails that are not all that rough. I am not saying that I have no need for a bump stop kit but I feel that my for my use most of the kits are overkill.

I love the look and feel of a truck with icon suspension and this new bump stop kit just makes it even better looking and better performing. Icon continues to to bring outstanding products to market for the Raptor and lots of other trucks. Great job guys!

We, especially Dylan, are working hard all the time to come up with new ideas and products we will introduce over time. This truck and the Raptor community is def an enjoyable aspect of the day, and a piece of the aftermarket world that has really come alive. Who would have known this truck would do so well. Over all we are glad to be apart of it, and part of the great FRF community with all of you.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We, especially Dylan, are working hard all the time to come up with new ideas and products we will introduce over time. This truck and the Raptor community is def an enjoyable aspect of the day, and a piece of the aftermarket world that has really come alive. Who would have known this truck would do so well. Over all we are glad to be apart of it, and part of the great FRF community with all of you.

You guys are awesome man... Not many companies allow you to interface and ask questions to the engineers directly... Huge bonus.

OP
OP
ICONRep

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys are awesome man... Not many companies allow you to interface and ask questions to the engineers directly... Huge bonus.

People are more than welcome, as you know, to call in or come down and talk with anyone here including the owner. We are more than happy to give a tour of our facility to show you how it all works as well. Interaction with the customers is what ICON has always been about as we are active on more than 10+ forums related to the major vehicle manufacturer's out there.