ICON Ford Raptor Quick Release Midflap System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2010 - Current Ford Raptor Quick Release Midflap System

Overview:

In the Ford Raptor world it’s no secret the OEM rear plastic shock protectors are quickly destroyed when the Ford Raptor’s 411 HP is used as intended, out on the trail kickin’ up dust. The downside of kicking up dust is the Ford Raptor’s massive front tires are spitting sand, rocks, boulders and any other debris at the rear shocks which quickly abrades the plastic shock covers. Inevitably the debris starts to abrade the shock shafts leading to shock failure. Shock failure is an expensive repair bill or a good reason to upgrade to the best Raptor shocks out there; ICON’s, but ICON is here to offer a viable solution even if we sell a few less shocks.

The team at ICON Vehicle Dynamics has engineered another first for Ford Raptors, a rear shock and undercarriage protection system to keep your Raptor performing at its peak whether you have stock shocks or not. The ICON Raptor Midflap with quick release has a unique design, allowing you the ability to take the flap portion on or off in seconds. The ICON Raptor Midflap mounting bracket bolts to the mid-cab body mount permanently and out of sight. The protective midflap itself has a unique hook and latch system for install or removal in seconds. This unique design allows you to keep the midflaps on at all times or just slap them on when hitting the trails. The ICON Ford Raptor Midflap was tested over 3 months and thousands of miles from the snow and ice covered trails in Michigan at below zero temps, to the heat, silt, rocks, and sand terrains of the Mojave desert and Baja. After rigorous testing, both the shocks and their protective covers remained in near new condition.

Key Features:

• Bolt-on design with unique hook and latch system for quick removal of midflap
• No tools required once midflap base is intalled
• Protects undercarriage and rear shocks from abrasive sandblasting while driving offroad at speed
• Keeps mud from collecting in the large cavity between the inner bed and outer bed sheet metal on flared body Raptors
• Midflap flexes above the frame / running board and wont get ripped off even in large rocky terrains

Tech Info:

• Entire system installs in 30 minutes or less
• Midflap can be installed or removed in 30 seconds or less

System Components Included:

• (Qty - 2) ICON Midflaps
• (Qty - 2) Midflap mounting base brackets
• Installation instructions

95110_web_large__46814_zoom.jpg
95110_web_large__75546_zoom.jpg

undercarriage_midflap__76928_zoom.jpg

driver_mount_asm_apart__88361_zoom.JPG

goattrail__33863_zoom.JPG

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a great idea but trying to justify $300!

For you Raptor owners that push your trucks off-road, what do you think? Personally, I'm thinking when my stock shocks start to go, I'm going to get ICON 3.0's anyways, then maybe I'll protect those bad boys.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's a great idea but trying to justify $300!

For you Raptor owners that push your trucks off-road, what do you think? Personally, I'm thinking when my stock shocks start to go, I'm going to get ICON 3.0's anyways, then maybe I'll protect those bad boys.
I'll share some before/after pics... and I think most people will be sold.

I did one day of testing in Barstow with brand new Icon shocks. After that one day of maybe 100 or so miles of testing, both shock guards already had decent battle scars, one was cracked, and the other was slightly deformed already. After my second run, they both had to be replaced, and one was almost completely GONE.

Gordon Brown and myself (both with Icons, new guards installed) were fortunate enough to get a set of these from Dylan before my Mexico trip this past weekend to San Felipe. Over the course of 4 days of off-roading, we put a few hundred off road miles on our rigs, with some SERIOUS high speed runs, through some pretty nasty terrain (arguable some of the worst terrain you'll find in the desert).

Check both of our rear shocks after the run, and to our amazement, we both still have FULLY intact guards, with only minor signs of rock impacts and abbrasion. I'm truthfully surprised they worked as well as they do, as I was skeptical they would stop the majority of the rocks and sand from hitting them.

I'll post pictures when I can snap a few, showing the difference from with, and without them installed, after only 1 run. But in short, they work... and seem to work WELL. That's not saying you're still not going to catch the occasional rock, but I'm shocked how well my guards and shocks look, compared to before.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to run these new mid flaps on our recent trip to Mexico. I have run the stock Fox shocks and destroyed the stock covers in less than a year. Ford wants $250 a cover which I thought was crazy so I modified my stock shocks to accept boots. I ran those till I switched to Kings which also run a rubber boot. These would only last me two runs if I was lucky. King wants $45 for the two boots once they are shipped to your house. As you all know I am running Icon’s now and am very happy Icon has come out with a way to protect them.

This picture is of a loaner shock I ran last year on one run. This shock was shipped without any protective cover and since it was not mine and I needed shocks to run my truck I used it on the run. This is after approximately 600 off road miles. As you can see they take some real abuse.

IMG_0355_zps2d0afcf6.png

This is what my shocks looked like when I got home from this trip. This after approximately 500 miles off road with some very high speed runs and also many miles on roads covered in loose rocks. Aside from bugs and a few small nicks they look really good.

IMG_0348_zps5d35e503.jpg

Install took at the most 15 min. and was done in a Wal Mart parking lot while we were waiting for my wife to finish shopping. Once the install was completed the flaps disconnect in less than 30 seconds.

The Icon logo is made of a very soft stainless and can be bent back into shape if needed after absorbing the rocks. You can see by these pictures they took some pretty good hits and still protected the shocks.

IMG_0345_zps89e46cfc.jpg

IMG_0344_zps032e8037.jpg

IMG_0343_zps36214461.jpg

All in all I am very happy with these and those of you looking to protect your shocks should take a look at them.