Icon Alloys Six Speed Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icon_Fred

Reaction score
ICON Alloys is excited to announce the arrival of our latest wheel design, the 'SIX SPEED'. Inspired by the ProAm Racing Products 'RM2' beadlock wheel - which has been proven by thousands of miles of the harshest race conditions on the planet - the SIX SPEED brings clean lines and an aggressive look to the ICON Alloys lineup.

The SIX SPEED is designed not only to improve the looks of your Jeep, truck, or SUV, but the overall function of the vehicle as well. Staying true to the ICON Alloys approach, the SIX SPEED has been engineered to maximize caliper clearance and optimize wheel position for un-hindered suspension travel and steering function. Backspace dimensions and wheel offset have been strategically developed to reduce scrub radius, improving all-around handling and ride quality. With build features such as these, and strength properties above the industry standard, a set of ICON Alloys SIX SPEED wheels is the perfect complement to an ICON Vehicle Dynamics suspension system.

ABOUT ICON ALLOYS:
Developed by ICON Vehicle Dynamics (manufacturers of industry-leading performance suspension systems and shock absorbers) ICON Alloys was established with an objective to provide the off-road market quality wheels built with precision, performance, and strength in mind. Time after time in the development of suspension components the ICON R&D team ran into clearance, fitment, and steering geometry issues that limited the drivability and performance of a given vehicle. As this trend continued, the idea of manufacturing a line of wheels with the “form follows function” approach made more and more sense, and off to the drawing board it was…

PRECISION – Application-specific dimensions optimize vehicle dynamics and tire clearance for many of today’s most popular vehicles.
PERFORMANCE – Engineered to reduce unsprung weight and rotating mass for increased vehicle performance both on and off-road.
STRENGTH – Aluminum alloy construction provides high-strength properties that are well suited for heavy off-road abuse.

GunMetal_Six Speed_17.jpg

GunMetal_Six Speed_17_02.jpg

Satin Black_Machined_Six Speed_17.jpg

Satin Black_Machined_Six Speed_17_02.jpg

Satin Black_Six Speed_17.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

I love that Icon wheels were made hubcentric!

Agreed. I've seen a few folks break lugs with method wheels that change it to lug centric when off-roading hard. Being hubcentric is what made me to finally make the switch. Still need to fix the rubbing, wasn't expecting that when changing out the wheels to just 6mm offset.

D

Deleted member 12951

Are you running 37's with hammered welds?
I'm still running 35s, but I have slammed them into liners at sand dunes.

Running 35's stock BFG's. Stock fenders and really wasn't looking at hammering the welds. Guess the 28mm difference in offset from factory beadlocks made that big of a difference.

D

Deleted member 12951

Where are you rubbing? I was on Methods with no rubbing and with Icon wheels I'm closer to stock and no rubbing.

When turning of course, rear inside fender liner on both driver and passenger side. Hear it more when going backwards and turning out of a driveway or parking spot.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like it.

When turning of course, rear inside fender liner on both driver and passenger side. Hear it more when going backwards and turning out of a driveway or parking spot.

Even with 3.0 shocks up front? Interesting

Last edited:

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon_Fred, do you know if these wheels can be ordered with flat center caps like the RM2's?

Here is an example of what I am talking about:

new%20proam%20wheel%202.jpg