WSI HD and SD progressive leaf pack reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had 2 sets of the WSI leaf packs installed on our trucks for almost a year now. Below are my thoughts and comments on them.

GLRE-001 has a set of the HD packs with a 2" drop shackle
Heather truck (Silver Crew Cab) has the SD leaf packs with a synergy Shackle.

Heather truck almost never carrys any wieght in the bed which is why we went with the lower arched SD spring pack. Ride is phenomenal. She comments all the time on how this single mod changed her truck for the better.

GLRE-001 carries the WSI 4K rack with 2 tires and multiple totes. With almost 1 year and over 10K miles on the springs there is 0 sagging and the ride is incredibly plush.

I would recommend to anyone looking at springs to check out Jimmy at Home | WSI FabricationWSI Fabrication and talk to him about his Made in the USA spring options.

SD springs
leaf-spring-pic.jpeg

HD Springs on both Trucks. Different drop shackles
WSI-Synergy drop shackle
GLRE- Rough Country drop shackle
914674_650951251645683_1088536331_n.jpg

Wsi_leaf_spring.jpg

Video of springs running over whoops section:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7CmFaZXYyM

Those of you who also have the WSI progressive springs what is your review?

Last edited:

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i have the WSI HD's with Rough Country adjustable drop shackles set at a 1" drop. it sits just a bit higher than stock. i dont have a lot of miles on them yet but so far i am happy with them. trucks rides better and feels more planted and has gotten rid of ALMOST all wheel hop/axle wrap. no sagging here but like i said not much time nor miles on them yet but they havent sagged a bit yet, i havent heard of anyone with these sagging either

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I struggled trying to figure out which way to go , sd or hd. I seldom have a load on but do tow my boat and sled trailer. Stock it wasn't good , bouncing all over the place. Thats why i went to HDs , hope i didn't give up much in the ride.

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the WSI HD leafs on my truck last week. I also have the WSI strike pad and a 2" drop shackle. The truck rides great.

I had a long talk with Jimmy at WSI and stressed my concerns with the factory and other aftermarket brands. Needless to say, after the in depth conversation we had about leaf springs, I was very excited to purchase the WSI hd rear leafs.

My main concern was harshness in ride quality. I take a lot of customers around in my truck so ride quality was a major concern. I also haul heavier equipment from time to time. I felt I needed a good blend (increase payload and smoother ride). Jimmy's recommendations were right on the money.

After having the springs installed I put them to the ride quality test. I drove my wife around for a few hours with out telling her I changed anything. Her initial response was, "man this thing seems more solid." Mind you, she is 100 pounds and notices EVERYTHING.

I do not like to push anyone towards a certain product or vendor. I only like to share my personal experience from time to time. I am very happy with my WSI HD leaf springs.

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put the WSI HD leafs on my truck last week. I also have the WSI strike pad and a 2" drop shackle. The truck rides great.

I had a long talk with Jimmy at WSI and stressed my concerns with the factory and other aftermarket brands. Needless to say, after the in depth conversation we had about leaf springs, I was very excited to purchase the WSI hd rear leafs.

My main concern was harshness in ride quality. I take a lot of customers around in my truck so ride quality was a major concern. I also haul heavier equipment from time to time. I felt I needed a good blend (increase payload and smoother ride). Jimmy's recommendations were right on the money.

After having the springs installed I put them to the ride quality test. I drove my wife around for a few hours with out telling her I changed anything. Her initial response was, "man this thing seems more solid." Mind you, she is 100 pounds and notices EVERYTHING.

I do not like to push anyone towards a certain product or vendor. I only like to share my personal experience from time to time. I am very happy with my WSI HD leaf springs.

how does the ride height compare to stock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

mjyst3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 2" drop shackle, it sits slightly higher than stock. Once they get a few miles on them I think they will sit level. To be honest I am happy the way it looks now. I will take pics later this week and post them.