Why is Mid-Perch better than a lift kid. Local shop says different...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NogaroPR

Reaction score
So I went to a pretty respected local 4x4 shop to ask them to lift my truck at Mid-Perch. They were pretty against it. According to them the springs would be more compressed and this would cause the ride to feel more stiff. Honestly the roads here in San Juan, PR are a mess and this would be no good!

They recommended to use a lift kit since it will maintain a more stock feel than the mid-perch mod.

What do you guys think?

(Silently puts the Flame-suit and begins to pray) :ROFLJest:

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Spend 500 on the Geisel bros and run them at mid perch. I am soo happy with that setup! Still rides plush and gives you the height you're looking for. Don't do spacers!!!!

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did mid perch, way way better that stock. It's way better for off-road and on road. Less dive and bottoming out. I was going Down roads at more than double the speed I've gone before and not bottomed out where I bottomed out before. Fox has said they wanted the raptor to come stock on mid. But I believe Ford shot it Down for some reason I can't remember. I know everyone here will tell you mid perch and flame you for the lift kit. Lift kits are for mall queens and star bucks. I also have stage one and flutter stack rebuild.

Check this out http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/leveling-kit-spring-spacer-lift-block-no-nos-20559/

Last edited:

renegadeagle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to a pretty respected local 4x4 shop to ask them to lift my truck at Mid-Perch. They were pretty against it. According to them the springs would be more compressed and this would cause the ride to feel more stiff. Honestly the roads here in San Juan, PR are a mess and this would be no good!

They recommended to use a lift kit since it will maintain a more stock feel than the mid-perch mod.

What do you guys think?

(Silently puts the Flame-suit and begins to pray) :ROFLJest:

Custom Dream??

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
99% of the members on this form will tell you to go to mid perch. But it is really however you plan on using your truck. If you plan to be the mall Queen, hit Starbucks and not look back. go with spacers or a lift kit. If you plan on doing any off roading, get the shocks set to mid perch.

It is YOUR truck, do the research and do what you want. Some long time members, like @Icecobra had spacers, offroad, and no issues. More compression on your coil over will cause a harsher ride by preloading the spring. The ride part really is a preference though.
Good luck in your decision.

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.