What kind of suspension system should I put on my raptor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Krutoy

Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post. I was scrolling through pictures on this forum and I would first like to say that several of you have extremely badass raptors.

I myself plan on getting a raptor in the very near future and I want to do a level and small lift as well as upgrade the suspension in general.

I want to know what the best parts are to buy if i want to do a level as well as an additional 1-2 inches lift. This truck will remain on the road about 80% of the time, but whenever i do take it offload, I don't ever want a problem that is caused by not having good suspension components.

I have been hearing RPG, FOX, ICON and several other names but I don't know much about them. I would really appreciate if the answers that i receive are in depth and explain why certain things are better than others.

Last edited:

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Howdy, if you want to level your truck you can do a midperch adjustment, don't buy a level kit. Do a search on this forum for an amazing amount of info!! Venders you mentioned all are very good along with a few others. I'd consider a bumpstop kit along with some Deaver +3 springs as well. Good luck with your build and post pics as you mod your Raptor!!

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well if you are looking to lift the truck you could do like Raven said and go to mid-perch. Mid perch gives a slight lift in the front, just about levels the front and rear out. On top of going to mid perch you could try to find some Geiser springs for the front and they will give you some added height also. For the rear you could get a set of +3 Deavers and that will bring the back end up some. All of the mods mentioned will retain and increase your ride comfort and off road ability. You could even go ahead and get some 37s too. Lift kits are frowned on around here

OP
OP
K

Krutoy

Reaction score
Howdy, if you want to level your truck you can do a midperch adjustment, don't buy a level kit. Do a search on this forum for an amazing amount of info!! Venders you mentioned all are very good along with a few others. I'd consider a bumpstop kit along with some Deaver +3 springs as well. Good luck with your build and post pics as you mod your Raptor!!

I have heard those terms as well, mid perch low perch and high perch, what exactly do they mean and do they have any negative effects?

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I apologize if I come off as lazy, but i need something that i can read with exact parts listed for me to buy haha. What are the best shocks out there, the best control arms, the best everything because i don't even know what some things are. for example, why would one want to buy nonstock tie rods? i don't even know what the hell a tie rod is. My point is, what is every single part of a raptor that can be modified, under the car wise, and what is the best part to buy for each. Also, if some pics of what these things look like. Thanks so much ahead of time because i know there are several extremely helpful people on here.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your factory shocks have three adjustment settings. It comes from the factory set on lowest or bottom perch. The next two are referred to as mid and top perch. I set mine on mid perch and haven't had any problems. It lifted front about an 1 1/2.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really want the best of everything without having to research it in depth, you should consider taking your truck to one of the off-road performance vendors here on FRF. They have seen and done it all.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd pick either Fox, Icon or King shocks... or maybe another brand.

Also, maybe look into sending your truck out to either WSI, SVC, RPG, KHC, LEX, WOG, SDHQ, Rogue, Crown, Haynes or one of a few other shops to get your truck built.

Good luck!