Uca and winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called icon and asked if winter/salt roads will hurt there Uca. Dude on the phone said yes, it will wear out the Teflon quickly...so anyone have experience with any brand uca and winter!? The stock ones seem like the only way to go...

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it just wears out the uniball i usually have to replace mine sometime after winter just make sure u clean it out and use some teflon lube on it. The times I've needed to replace it are when i didn't touch or clean them at all for a long amount of time usually a year.

Reaction score
We at ADD use Delrin race bushings in our UCA's. You will be fine as long as you maintain them. Our UCA's come with grease zerks on the bushings, we recommend staying on top of the grease and you`ll be good.

Agent 00 L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Icon rep mentioned the same thing to me about the uni balls and salt. Basically you need to clean and lube to be sure the salt doesn't pit the ball and tear up the teflon.

Guess I know what I will be doing tomorro

D

Deleted member 12951

We at ADD use Delrin race bushings in our UCA's. You will be fine as long as you maintain them. Our UCA's come with grease zerks on the bushings, we recommend staying on top of the grease and you`ll be good.

Are you talking about the bushings where it mounts to the frame on each side of the coil bucket? What about the uniball that mounts to the knuckle and protecting that? Cause looking at your UCA on your website, it's exposed, is it not?

Ford Raptor Upper Control Arms at ADDOffroad

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Are these rebuildable?
The bushings of course can be replaced. We can sell you an additional pair one day if you were to need them.

Are you talking about the bushings where it mounts to the frame on each side of the coil bucket? What about the uniball that mounts to the knuckle and protecting that? Cause looking at your UCA on your website, it's exposed, is it not?

Ford Raptor Upper Control Arms at ADDOffroad

Yes I was referring to our bushing at the frame mount. I misunderstood the original question. Our uniball does not have a cap, but im sure one could be added. We do use a larger 1.5" uniball compared to the 1.25" CST uca that was posted.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the icons will wear in weather quickly, just be mindful to clean them up and hit them with some dry teflon and you should be ok. the replacement heims and uniball aren't cheap, i think as a package something in the $400 - $475 range plus shipping. it's all going to depend on your maintenance on them and how often you get them in the dirt. mine have been fine for the past year with regular maintenance, show some sign of surface rust, but unavoidable in the north east.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I just have to stick with the stockers. The thought of have to rebuild them possibly once a year is scary