UCA question from the new guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from the world of solid front axles has left me behind on the knowledge of upper control arms and their benefits when upgraded. If you do not upgrade to 3.0 shocks is there a benefit (besides added strength) to upgrading your UCA's? Does anyone make aftermarket UCA that works with stock wheels? Thanks in advance for the info, did a search and didn't exactly find what I was looking for.

D

Deleted member 12951

There are several that work with stock wheels. It does add strength and mostly looks. If you get an adjustable one then you can lock in the lowers and adjust from the UCA. But most alignment shops won't do it from that unless a speciality shop.

I have stock wheels and have the Rogue Heim UCA. It will work with stock shocks or 3.0's. Camburg has one for stock too, if you like the tubular design. Others too.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several that work with stock wheels. It does add strength and mostly looks. If you get an adjustable one then you can lock in the lowers and adjust from the UCA. But most alignment shops won't do it from that unless a speciality shop.

I have stock wheels and have the Rogue Heim UCA. It will work with stock shocks or 3.0's. Camburg has one for stock too, if you like the tubular design. Others too.

You sure Rogue Heime UCA work with stock wheels ? According to their website, only the one with bushings will work for stock wheels...

Also RPG is making one with 1" unibal bearing that fit stock wheels

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
You sure Rogue Heime UCA work with stock wheels ? According to their website, only the one with bushings will work for stock wheels...

Also RPG is making one with 1" unibal bearing that fit stock wheels

Yes, Rick does run the heim joints with the stock beadlock SE wheels. The bushings are nice, as they require less attention, as the heim joints will require more attention and replacement more frequently.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not add heim joints/uniballs to the truck unless they're serving a purpose.
Uca are only necessary if you want to weld up the lower control arm adjustment point to achieve a non migrating alignment.
You do not need them with 3.0's.