Upgrading Tie Rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is their a big advantage to upgrading the Tie Rods when changing the suspension to 3.0's. I have a Tie Rod kit but came across this one that looks very trick. Any opinions on this particular setup or others that are similar?
STEERING-KITS-FOR-WEB.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey... that's the RPG kit...

As far as upgrading, you are fixing the next weak link. With that said, there have only been a small amount of cases that have been reported on here where someone actual broke a stock tie-rod.

Joe

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite identical. RPG's is set up to be like a bolt head, where as the Ready-Lift has a machined slot similar to our kit. Blitzkreig Motorsports sold Ready-Lift this design a while ago, but for a different truck. I would still prefer a solid chromoly tie-rod over aluminum though....

OP
OP
justvettn

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not quite identical. RPG's is set up to be like a bolt head, where as the Ready-Lift has a machined slot similar to our kit. Blitzkreig Motorsports sold Ready-Lift this design a while ago, but for a different truck. I would still prefer a solid chromoly tie-rod over aluminum though....

I guess the shaft would be the chromoly part. DSC03412.jpg