Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

Upgraded IWE

This is a discussion on Upgraded IWE within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Subd Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk...

View Poll Results: If a full time hub was available for the Raptor would you upgrade?
Yes, in a heartbeat 50 32.26%
No, there is no reason 19 12.26%
Maybe, once all the details are finalized 74 47.74%
Don't care either way 12 7.74%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Like Tree122Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #251 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Subd

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Palerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:35 AM   #252 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Hello guys, so I just received my RCV IWE eliminator kit and head to a local offroad garage to install it, but the thing is the new hub from RCV doesnt sit fit in place of my stock hub, That said, I did ask if I needed to do any mods in order for it to fit before I go and buy it and the answer was that no modification what so ever has to be done for the RCV IWE kit to be installed, just remove and insert.

If anyone has installed the kit successfully I would appreciate if you can share a manual guide on How-To so I can pass it to the person working on my truck, because at the moment I feel like I just bought more headache than a solution...

Note that my truck is all stock suspension and drivetrain wise

Old 11-28-2015, 09:26 AM   #253 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Gorelaz View Post
Hello guys, so I just received my RCV IWE eliminator kit and head to a local offroad garage to install it, but the thing is the new hub from RCV doesnt sit fit in place of my stock hub, That said, I did ask if I needed to do any mods in order for it to fit before I go and buy it and the answer was that no modification what so ever has to be done for the RCV IWE kit to be installed, just remove and insert.

If anyone has installed the kit successfully I would appreciate if you can share a manual guide on How-To so I can pass it to the person working on my truck, because at the moment I feel like I just bought more headache than a solution...

Note that my truck is all stock suspension and drivetrain wise
@Gorelaz - any update? How did the install go?
I think @SilentShooter is looking at a set of these for Snoball.

Yukon Joe

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/holiday-cheer-giving-back-event-45293/#post929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #254 (permalink)
FRF Addict

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)

I was debating getting them, was hoping to see someone with a Sale on them this week. Not that I need to spend more money on the truck at the moment.
2014RubyRed likes this.

Old 11-28-2015, 01:22 PM   #255 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
@Gorelaz - any update? How did the install go?
I think @SilentShooter is looking at a set of these for Snoball.

Yukon Joe

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Holiday Cheer "Giving Back" Event. - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Yes I managed to install them, it was risky but worth it and the only downside is that if u ever wanted to go back to the stock IWE for whatever reason, u'll have to buy a new actuator with it.

I had my technician make some modification to the actuator (cutting and grinding it) so the RCV iwe eliminator kit fits perfectly, he did a really good job, tested it HARD last 2 weeks and I mean hard (soft sand, rocks, even pavement for the sake of testing) and no popping and disengaging came up, and hopefully never again... really reliable and Im very happy with the result.

Note that RCV costumer service has not helpful at all, atleast not thorough with guidance, so I went and experimented on my stock actuator

Last edited by Gorelaz; 11-28-2015 at 01:24 PM.
Gorelaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 01:07 PM   #256 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I need to upgrade my hubs. Was there ever a manual locking hub option developed? Or is the RCV IWE Eliminator kit still the best option?? @Squatting Dog

Thanks
Aaron

Last edited by SILVER; 11-10-2016 at 01:25 PM.
SILVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:26 PM   #257 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

sub'd

2010 6.2L loaded- window tints, EZ-Down, stripper pole delete, all lights recon smoked LED, RPG- bumps, WSI +3 leafs, raceline front and rear bumpers, ICON- upper control arms, front 3.0's, PSS res and cooler, KHC- lower control arm reinforcement, tie rods, stubby antenna, color matched fender flares, 4.88 gears, G2 diff cover, ARB front locker, on board air, etc. F()CK CANCER!
sharpertouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:33 AM   #258 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)

Being lazy and not reading 9 pages of posts.

What is the results of the new RPG collar rig the RCV makes? Less slip? @DOConstantine

Old 01-12-2018, 11:27 AM   #259 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Army updates?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:25 AM   #260 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Popcorn Dana 60 conversion
Squatting Dog,
I would thing that it should be easier to adapt some Dana 60 outer spindles to the Ford knuckles.
I've installed both the Dynatrac kit in my 1998.5 Cummins, and the Spyntech kit in my 2004.5 Cummins. (The difference? The Spyntech kit has the bearing races already pressed in).
Instead of the stub axle you could run the CV axles with adapters for the manual hub pucks.
Not rocket science; not reinventing the wheel; using tried and true Dana 60 outer spindle design with minimal modification...
Benefit is that you could run the hubs unlocked on road for better mileage; repack-able Timken bearings; can lock the hubs off-road and engage 4 wheel drive as needed.
The hubs could be drilled for 6 x 135; (pictured is the Ford Bronco 5 x 5.5 spindle). I believe the Spyntech has the short Dana spindle. Warn/MileMarker/Dynatrac should be able to cast pucks for the manual outer locking hubs that would mesh with the CV axle....

Eddie

ps You will REALLY have to try hard to break one of these heat treated spindles!
Attached Thumbnails
spyntech.jpg   dynatrac-spin-free-hub-conversion-kit_2.jpg   d60spindle.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Ditchplains1; 01-13-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Ditchplains1 is offline   Reply With Quote