GEN 1 Trouble Installing Fox3.0 and Rogue UCA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JtoU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks JtoU. I ended up cutting the bolt, though I may end up doing it your way if I see any movement of the bolt/nut over time.

The space up there is so tight, I got a grade 10.9 nut that didn't have as much height and used some blue loctite on it.

I sort of question Fox's design for putting the external reservoir exit where they did. There is a lot of room to move that fitting forward which would create the needed space. But who am I to question the offroad gods.

Here is a pic of what mine now looks like:

cut-bolt-fix.jpg

I feel the same way. I tried to move fitting to another place but it actually can only be in that position or on the other side. Obviously it won't work on the other side.
Your solution is good, if bolt stays tight and it makes adjusting heims lot easier for sure.
I have longer bolts just because those came with svc kit i'm running. I still need to drop top mount plate lower than bolts are.

OP
OP
bigrig

bigrig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't mean to go thread jacking. I have a gen 1 and I knew it said gen 2 but I don't know enough about shocks to see why it wouldn't work, as to why I was looking for some people that had done so. Seemed like a relavant place to post a comment, I'll make sure to do it elsewhere here on out. Hope your issue gets resolved.

Sorry @waddellw, I didn't mean to be a jerk about it, after rereading, I can see how it comes off smug, that wasn't my intention. I am pretty sure that those shocks won't work on a Gen1 setup though, all the shops I see selling those say they are for 2017+ Raptors. If you find out differently, feel free to give an update here.

I feel the same way. I tried to move fitting to another place but it actually can only be in that position or on the other side. Obviously it won't work on the other side.
Your solution is good, if bolt stays tight and it makes adjusting heims lot easier for sure.
I have longer bolts just because those came with svc kit i'm running. I still need to drop top mount plate lower than bolts are.

Thanks for the added info @JtoU. Bummer about having to detach the bolts from the upper plate, I was hoping to avoid that since lining up those holes was a little challenging.

I'll try to get back to this thread after I beat on the truck a bit to give an update about if the reverse bolt worked or not.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry @waddellw, I didn't mean to be a jerk about it, after rereading, I can see how it comes off smug, that wasn't my intention. I am pretty sure that those shocks won't work on a Gen1 setup though, all the shops I see selling those say they are for 2017+ Raptors. If you find out differently, feel free to give an update here.

Thanks for the added info @JtoU. Bummer about having to detach the bolts from the upper plate, I was hoping to avoid that since lining up those holes was a little challenging.

I'll try to get back to this thread after I beat on the truck a bit to give an update about if the reverse bolt worked or not.
All good buddy. Good looking truck, I'll be back to reference this if I get 3.0's!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk