Towing with deavers and bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it ok to tow with the bumps so close to the axle? I would think so.
d2ca526b56c1bafb545905769efcccdc.jpg

Deavers are +2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually guys running the SVC bumps move them lower so the Bumps act to help with towing. Look at it this way if the bumps were not there it would just bottom out harder. The bumps actually help smooth things out. But the more you use the bumps the faster you will need a rebuild and you should check the pressure on them as well if using them alot.

If you want to see how much you are working the bumps use a zip tie around the piston and move it all the way up. As it compresses the bump the zip tie moves down. It will show you how far you compressed the bump

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the SVC adjustable bumps and Deavers and that's about how far it is from my pad also when I have the stops adjusted down when I tow my trailer. That way when I go over bumps the bump stop soaks it up and make the ride smoother.

OP
OP
J

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that with full load?

Yes, fully loaded.

Actually guys running the SVC bumps move them lower so the Bumps act to help with towing. Look at it this way if the bumps were not there it would just bottom out harder. The bumps actually help smooth things out. But the more you use the bumps the faster you will need a rebuild and you should check the pressure on them as well if using them alot.

If you want to see how much you are working the bumps use a zip tie around the piston and move it all the way up. As it compresses the bump the zip tie moves down. It will show you how far you compressed the bump

Good idea. Will try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just as a point of reference, what are you towing and which Deavers are you running?

DP

OP
OP
J

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towing an enclosed car trailer, about 7500 lbs loaded. +2 deavers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Towing an enclosed car trailer, about 7500 lbs loaded. +2 deavers

My toybox maxes out at 7700lbs. but I've never been over 7000lbs.

How much did your rear drop? Are you at mid-perch in the front and riding high up front while towing?

I'm curious what I will have with my mid-perch/Deaver +2 will be like when I tow...