Top Perch to Mid Perch 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BuckshotX5

Reaction score
So.... I have read pretty much all the threads on perch mods and just wanted to give my two cents as I am stubborn and tried to do the top perch on my 2014. On my truck the top perch mod didnt work. Believe me, I wish it did as it looked so bad a?? with the extra height. Over the weekend I did the mod to top perch. Watched a you tube video on how to do it with the shocks still on the truck and it worked great and was very easy. I think it took maybe an hour to do both sides. Took the truck for a drive and was very excited as the ride and looks were awesome. Thought to myself, shit these guys have it wrong. It drives just fine on top perch on the 2014. Maybe they changed something from the 2013 I thought....... Then I decided I should try 4 wheel drive. Thats when it went down hill real fast. As soon as it engaged it was fine but when you gave it any gas the front would rise a little and here comes the vibration and maybe a little grinding from the front end. I assume it was the angle of the cv's were to much when the truck unloaded some weight. Crap crap crap I didnt want to hear that. I then thought ok maybe I can put some limiter straps on the front to stop the drop. Went back to the barn pulled out some old limiter straps I had laying around from my sandrail days and was going to try that. After looking at it for an hour it just wasnt going to work. The point you would have to put the ******** to stop the binding of the cv's would be too high on the top perch and you would be hitting the full ******** every little bump in the road and every time you gave it gas. There it is again crap crap crap. I have to go to middle perch. I get all the tools back out and take down to mid perch. Of course now the truck doesnt look as cool but boy it drives great and doesnt bind at all in 4 wheel. So.. my story is you cant go top perch on a 2014 and use 4 wheel drive unless there is some high angle cv's out there that I dont know about. If there is please let me know, Id buy them in a second to get the extra 1.5". For the record my truck is a 2014 Ruby Red supercrew with 110 miles on it. Maybe after a few thousand miles the springs will settle a little and the top perch will work but I can tell you a new 2014 it will not work.
You guys are great. I love this forum and have learned a lot of info. Im putting 37's on it this week on the stock wheels and supercharger on the first week of May.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Lots of the new raptor owners some how over look all the info on this or dont believe us....some examples help pound it in to not do spacers or top perch on 2012+

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

vince7870

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So.... I have read pretty much all the threads on perch mods and just wanted to give my two cents as I am stubborn and tried to do the top perch on my 2014. On my truck the top perch mod didnt work. Believe me, I wish it did as it looked so bad a?? with the extra height. Over the weekend I did the mod to top perch. Watched a you tube video on how to do it with the shocks still on the truck and it worked great and was very easy. I think it took maybe an hour to do both sides. Took the truck for a drive and was very excited as the ride and looks were awesome. Thought to myself, shit these guys have it wrong. It drives just fine on top perch on the 2014. Maybe they changed something from the 2013 I thought....... Then I decided I should try 4 wheel drive. Thats when it went down hill real fast. As soon as it engaged it was fine but when you gave it any gas the front would rise a little and here comes the vibration and maybe a little grinding from the front end. I assume it was the angle of the cv's were to much when the truck unloaded some weight. Crap crap crap I didnt want to hear that. I then thought ok maybe I can put some limiter straps on the front to stop the drop. Went back to the barn pulled out some old limiter straps I had laying around from my sandrail days and was going to try that. After looking at it for an hour it just wasnt going to work. The point you would have to put the ******** to stop the binding of the cv's would be too high on the top perch and you would be hitting the full ******** every little bump in the road and every time you gave it gas. There it is again crap crap crap. I have to go to middle perch. I get all the tools back out and take down to mid perch. Of course now the truck doesnt look as cool but boy it drives great and doesnt bind at all in 4 wheel. So.. my story is you cant go top perch on a 2014 and use 4 wheel drive unless there is some high angle cv's out there that I dont know about. If there is please let me know, Id buy them in a second to get the extra 1.5". For the record my truck is a 2014 Ruby Red supercrew with 110 miles on it. Maybe after a few thousand miles the springs will settle a little and the top perch will work but I can tell you a new 2014 it will not work.
You guys are great. I love this forum and have learned a lot of info. Im putting 37's on it this week on the stock wheels and supercharger on the first week of May.

37's and a super charger! Way to ease into the deep end slowly! Hahaha enjoy and good luck with the mods!

Have a raptor is worse than having a drug problem!

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am still on top perch but never run 4wd. just lock up the rear and rip. I also wish there was a way to lift the front end without the binding issues...

GeauxOffRoad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my ignorant question would be: If top perch is so bad, then why is mid perch perfectly fine? Doesn't seem to be THAT much difference. Seems mid perch would cause some problems as well.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You would be surprised that small amount of distance causes the binding issues. Guys with 3.0s who can adjust in between mid perch and top perch can find a spot where there are no binding issues as well.

Reaction score
I am also getting a 2014 and planned on running top perch on 37's. If you only can go mid perch can you still run 37's? Obliviously I will have to do some trimming of the inner liner and possible Clarencing of the wheel well but they will fit front & rear with no major issues right? I stuffed 37's under my 2005 2wd f150 with stock front suspension and an camburg coil over that only gave me a 1.5" lift. I did have fiber glass fenders and after clearencing the wheel wells no rubbing at all. Just want to know if its possible. Thanks.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am also getting a 2014 and planned on running top perch on 37's. If you only can go mid perch can you still run 37's? Obliviously I will have to do some trimming of the inner liner and possible Clarencing of the wheel well but they will fit front & rear with no major issues right? I stuffed 37's under my 2005 2wd f150 with stock front suspension and an camburg coil over that only gave me a 1.5" lift. I did have fiber glass fenders and after clearencing the wheel wells no rubbing at all. Just want to know if its possible. Thanks.

You better do your home work. There are a lot of information on this topic on FRF. Typically people get aftermarket fender when going with 37" tire.

i found these. not sure if anyone has used em or not, but thought id let ya know.

Ultimate IFS CV Axle Set for Ford F-150 ('09 up) and Ford F-150 Raptor ('10 up)

Do CV's spin while in 2wd? And mid perch will not cause binding?

CVs do not spin while in two wheel drive. That is the purpose of the IWE.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com