top perch, alignment ... now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I went to top perch like 3 weeks ago, got alignment cam kits and had it proffesionally aligned by a respected place in toronto.
After 3 weeks off roading i notice now while i drive on the high way my orange tab on the steering wheel is a inch or so to the right. meaning i have to keep it right wise a bit to drive straight...
what tripped me out was that i thought it was uneven roads... so i tried to find the straightest road i could find. Still about a inch or so to the right...
but when i put the steering wheel completely straight... the truck just keeps going straight...

whats wrong? is it just me freaking out?
should i go take it for an alignment again?\
thanks!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to top perch like 3 weeks ago, got alignment cam kits and had it proffesionally aligned by a respected place in toronto.
After 3 weeks off roading i notice now while i drive on the high way my orange tab on the steering wheel is a inch or so to the right. meaning i have to keep it right wise a bit to drive straight...
what tripped me out was that i thought it was uneven roads... so i tried to find the straightest road i could find. Still about a inch or so to the right...
but when i put the steering wheel completely straight... the truck just keeps going straight...

whats wrong? is it just me freaking out?
should i go take it for an alignment again?\
thanks!

You are saying that for 3 weeks it was in the center and now its off about a inch or so? If so, something has moved or loosened up or has been bent... Get it looked at

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i didnt really notice after a bout a week of driving it on top perch.
Maybe its just me... sometimes on really flat roads its fine. but on the highway its always slighty off

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didnt really notice after a bout a week of driving it on top perch.
Maybe its just me... sometimes on really flat roads its fine. but on the highway its always slighty off

Sounds like its the road crown and weight in the truck... Just check if things are loose...

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal with alignments, I learned years ago with big trucks you can't just go to a good alignment place you have to go to a good 4x4 alignment place. I recently moved to the middle perch and the place I went had an amazing alignment guy. He did a perfect alignment then adjusted for the slight road pitch so when your driving down the street the steering wheel is centered and you don't need to keep pulling left. He actually worked that adjustment into the alignment! It's incredible but the truck just goes straight on 90% of the roads I'm on with no pulling left. My suggestion is to try and find a 4x4 speciality shop and get it aligned again properly.