Tie rods or uca's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im ordering the 5 star package with afe stage 2 and tuner and will only have enough money left over for either RPG Prerunner UCA's or Tie Rods.

Which one should i order first?

OP
OP
gbrown27

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish i could go both. I don't do very much off roading and when i do it is mainly slow trails with max speeds of 25-30 mph so would UCA's or Tie-rods benefit me the most?

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would get the tie-rods first. But if you only have enough cash right now to purchase one or the other keep in mind the tie-rods are going to require an alignment once installed. The upper arms won't.

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbrown27

gbrown27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys I'm gonna get the tie rods and I'll get them installed and alignment when I put my new tires on in a couple thousand miles

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to ask a question that may help: which of the two will typically wear out faster? If the tie-rods last longer, they might be the better purchase, or vice-versa.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Personally I would get the tie-rods first. But if you only have enough cash right now to purchase one or the other keep in mind the tie-rods are going to require an alignment once installed. The upper arms won't.
Actually, the upper arms may require it too... it's a good idea to have it aligned after installing those too!

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

I'd like to ask a question that may help: which of the two will typically wear out faster? If the tie-rods last longer, they might be the better purchase, or vice-versa.
I'm sure the tierods would wear out before the upper arms... but I'm still stock with my tierods, and already had one replaced under warranty (rod-end bushings were bad). I'll probably wait until my warranty is up, before going aftermarket.

The RPG tie-rods sure are pretty... so it's tempting!