Tie Rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can only say my Alpha 1 tie rods are holding up great. When you guys say routine maintence on hemis joint is there more to it than lubrication?

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my truck for what it is intended for. I am not an abuser off road but I do push my truck. I bent a tie rod and was expecting to when I saw the diameter of the rod on the inside connection to the Steering box. I found it bent when I went to put my RPG's on it. My first impression was correct. It is a weak point in the front steering and suspension. I'm not a wait to find out kind of guy. I"ve been doing this for a long time and there are weak points to everything. This is not one of those that you wait to find out. Corey is correct in what can be damaged and nothing is going to help when a critical part in the steering brakes. You may end up on your top or just be able to nurse it to a stop but you are vulnerable either way. Don't mess with the stuff that can hurt you or someone else. If your going to push your truck and you know you are then replace them with well engineered heavy duty. I've had a few things break, bend or just plain come apart on this truck. I still trust the truck. I hope that I have found all the critical weak points but there's no guarantee.
One of the reasons that I feel you don't see to many Raptors bend or break tie rods are that the smart people have done what I have and replaced them BEFORE there is a problem. Then again I don't think there is much more than 5% of Raptor owners that drive the trucks to the point that tie rods can bend or break.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took my truck in to make sure everything was ready to go before a little Saturday fun and low and behold, both tie rods need replacing (both loose) and of course they are on back order. All under warranty but that didn't help the day before an outing.