Tie Rods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwakgp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like bullet proof, I know that all you will do is find the next weak link and usually those parts cost more..... I would rather have a stock one that I could beat straight or carry spare.
my $.02

This is what I've been thinking. Have people found out what breaks next up the line with stronger tie-rods? They look great sure but I'm worried about causing a more expensive repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Joe didn't you go through a steering rack or two? I remember reading somewhere you had something repaired by the dealer with the front steering system, was it that?

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To bullet proof any vehicle it's gonna cost you and you will always find another weak link to address. I feel anything you can do to make an improvement is well....... An improvement.

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have had RPG tie rods since 2011. Last week my steering pump went. Got the truck to the dealer last night, just got a call from the dealer that the tie rods are completely worn and need to be replaced. Anyone else have this issue?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have had RPG tie rods since 2011. Last week my steering pump went. Got the truck to the dealer last night, just got a call from the dealer that the tie rods are completely worn and need to be replaced. Anyone else have this issue?

Yup. See my review.

I just ordered the inner tie rod rebuild kit from RPG. Should be here later this week. The inner listed much longer than the outer.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Hey Joe didn't you go through a steering rack or two? I remember reading somewhere you had something repaired by the dealer with the front steering system, was it that?
@skyscraper
Sorry just saw this. Yes I've had two racks replaced. One I paid for and another under warranty.

I now need a third after the ARDD run....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup. See my review.

I just ordered the inner tie rod rebuild kit from RPG. Should be here later this week. The inner listed much longer than the outer.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

@skyscraper
Sorry just saw this. Yes I've had two racks replaced. One I paid for and another under warranty.

I now need a third after the ARDD run....

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

I also have Rpg tie rods and am on rack number 3, need number 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorBri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

For those of you wondering.... This just happened on Sunday to a fellow Raptor owner........caught up in a tight mud bog and trying to get out.