Sway A Way shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Does the raptor need different shocks for off roading? I was under the impression the truck I ordered was built for going off roading. This is a huge bummer if I need to spend more money to be off road capable

It is very capable in stock form. But most people who are going to go offroad with the this truck leave them stock for very long. Upgraded larger shocks make a pretty large difference in capability and handling. The Fox shocks are extremely good for a multitude of reasons (internal bypass being one of them) and I would not change them out for a shock of the same diameter (2.5"). If you are going to swap them out do an upgrade and go with 3.0's.

D

Deleted member 12951

Does the raptor need different shocks for off roading? I was under the impression the truck I ordered was built for going off roading. This is a huge bummer if I need to spend more money to be off road capable

Your GEN2 will come with 3.0 shocks. The upgrade to those are 3.0's that are adjustable but you are looking at $6k minus whatever you could sell your stock shocks for. There is other upgrades but even more cost. Stock truck will handle off-road just fine. Most GEN1 folks upgraded because they want to do it faster, you are already there. Try it out and you will see.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i ran 2.0 saws on my other rig for a few years. no real issues other than they did not come out of the box ready for my application other than a bolt on.
we had to have them rebuilt and my buddies shop did some kind of wear process on the springs. softened the ride up a little.

overall they worked well for what i did, light/medium trails with some low speed running. 15-40 mph offroad tops. for the price they werent bad at all, just need some love once purchased.
they worked better when my sway bar was attached and going at speed, they had some flexing issues at really low speeds and stopped due to heavy spring rate.