Sway bar removal pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I hate to sound like a little kid here, but come on, we want sway! I want to feel the truck lean around the corners like a trophy truck! ;)

Having ridden in a TT, and driven my Raptor without. I think you feel the body roll more in the Raptor. Could be because you're distracted in a TT with all the HP and travel though.

I have had mine off for about 10k miles, and its noticeable but not too bad on the road. I don't trust anyone else to drive it with it off though.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on the type of driving you do... there is no "best" solution for every person. If you do more low speed 4x4 type roads with crawling here and there, then without is much better. If you're a high speed desert rat who likes to drift the truck around high speed turns at 60+ MPH, you're better off WITH it, truck will stay much flatter and feel more controlled in the turns.

Really, its up to you.

I have to say I disagree a bit here. I'm a high speed desert guy and I vastly prefer running WITHOUT the sway bar.

Front end suspension operates much more independently. My sway bar stays off until the day I sell this truck (for a newer Raptor!).

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will leave it on. I am a high speed guy,

Take it off. I know your driving ability and how you run your truck, you will be just fine. Mine came of 25K miles ago and no way its going back on. As you know the desert isn't like a supercross track where every whoop section is perfectly laid out. You want your front end independent. Think about when you are hammering it around a corner and its a rough section of track. You want each wheel to act on its own not effecting the other. Your driving ability is more than up to ***** to control the extra lean.

I have to agree with Bo, truck has a much better feel in the dirt with it off. Not to mention you are on the 3rd perch so the front is already a bit on the stiff side.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take it off. I know your driving ability and how you run your truck, you will be just fine. Mine came of 25K miles ago and no way its going back on. As you know the desert isn't like a supercross track where every whoop section is perfectly laid out. You want your front end independent. Think about when you are hammering it around a corner and its a rough section of track. You want each wheel to act on its own not effecting the other. Your driving ability is more than up to ***** to control the extra lean.

I have to agree with Bo, truck has a much better feel in the dirt with it off. Not to mention you are on the 3rd perch so the front is already a bit on the stiff side.

Well said.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone come up with a quick disconnect kit yet? Seems like that would be the best of both worlds?

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say I disagree a bit here. I'm a high speed desert guy and I vastly prefer running WITHOUT the sway bar.

Front end suspension operates much more independently. My sway bar stays off until the day I sell this truck (for a newer Raptor!).

Agreed!