Sway bar removal pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
No sway bar for me for the last 55,000 miles. I get more body roll around town but handles better off road. There was a LONG debate on SVTOffroad about this and like the other guts said it comes down to you and what you feel comfortable with.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No sway bar for me for the last 55,000 miles. I get more body roll around town but handles better off road. There was a LONG debate on SVTOffroad about this and like the other guts said it comes down to you and what you feel comfortable with.

Jeez BS just how many miles do you have on your Raptor? :waytogo:

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Depends if your spending most time on road or off with your truck. If its mostly on-road I would leave it on. If its a 2nd vehicle thats mostly for fun, I'd take it off. In the event of an emergency maneuver, your bet your ass your going to wish you had it on. No matter how wide it is, the Raptor is still capable of flipping. The quick disconnect is the way to go so when you hit the dirt, its just a couple nuts and presto, though it sounds like it might be that way from the factory. I unfortunately have to leave mine on at all times, and could probably use a beefed up one. :flipthebird:

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I will say it was fun scaring people in the 'ol runner w/o sways...

fun1.jpg

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was helpful for me to decide as well. I was pondering if it would be better to have the sway bar removed, you guys help answer the question for me. I think for now I will leave it on.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Reminds me of a previous topic...

I know we have some vendors here that could do something like this....

Based on this discussion on another thread, has anyone looked at building/buying/modifying sway bar disconnects like the Jeep guys have? I can definitely see an advantage to having the sway bars disconnected off-road. With disconnects we can have the best of both worlds: sway bars on the road (esp while towing) and no sway bars off-road.

Here are some examples:
1.jpg

rc-jeep-sway-bar-disconnects-1187.jpg

Last edited:

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove lifted coil sprung Jeeps (TJ Wranglers), without sway bars. They did lean a bit, but only so far before they set very predictably for turns. Once a person gets over the body roll, it's a very positive experience.