Sway bar removal pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
took mine off yesterday, night and day difference in the desert. Is a little softer on the street in the front end, but nothing crazy like. you can diffidently feel the front end doing was it is supposed to be doing, being independent. Im leaving if off, the only way I would put it back on is if i am going to pull a trailer with weight on it. :iranmaybe:

Zombie Thread Revival!

OK so I read all posts and have a good idea on the pros and cons. I at least want to see for myself how it feels without the sway bar this weekend since I will be doing some work on the suspension then going out for a short off-road run.

I am at mid-perch with Geiser Bros springs right now so from what I read that is an ideal setup to test having no sway bars.

My concern is my 26' 7000lbs toybox. Maybe it won't be a big deal towing the trailer from my house up to Pismo Beach (about 15 miles) without a sway bar but going over the Sierra Pass up to Reno without the sway bar is a bad idea, right?

Aramco Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zombie Thread Revival!

OK so I read all posts and have a good idea on the pros and cons. I at least want to see for myself how it feels without the sway bar this weekend since I will be doing some work on the suspension then going out for a short off-road run.

I am at mid-perch with Geiser Bros springs right now so from what I read that is an ideal setup to test having no sway bars.

My concern is my 26' 7000lbs toybox. Maybe it won't be a big deal towing the trailer from my house up to Pismo Beach (about 15 miles) without a sway bar but going over the Sierra Pass up to Reno without the sway bar is a bad idea, right?

I've been running my '14 with no sway bar since two days after I got it. I also tow a 26' fully enclosed trailer with a 3800 lb nascar in it. No issues.

The front is a bit more "free" but nothing that is concerning.

Colezone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I’ve run into issues was on a really soft LT set up on the fwy (not a raptor). Had to make a quick turn to avoid some debris at about 70. The first turn was fine but then the correcting turn was what made me almost lose control. I’d still say it’s not a huge deal to run without a sway bar.