Sway bar removal pros and cons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
No sway bar. Handles still really well. Off road or even on road with bumps the suspension is much smoother. Gets rid of the side to side motion.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on the type of driving you do... there is no "best" solution for every person. If you do more low speed 4x4 type roads with crawling here and there, then without is much better. If you're a high speed desert rat who likes to drift the truck around high speed turns at 60+ MPH, you're better off WITH it, truck will stay much flatter and feel more controlled in the turns.

Really, its up to you.

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, these guys are bang on. And if you like both slow off road technical stuff where its better without. And High speed where it's better with, I'm sure you can find some sway bar quic disconnects somewhere.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I just disconnect part of the sway bar. Take 3 mins to do with 2 tools. I can drive normally with it off, but if I'm going out with my car club on a drive I can put it on really easily.

OP
OP
F

FORD FOR LIFE

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It drives so well right now. It would be hard to change that. I ran it in Barstow last week with RPG owners and it worked great. Im a high speed guy. Just didnt know if I would gain more travel.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
You gain more travel depending on how you look at it. the front has around 11" of travel. So with the sway bar disconnected the tires can travel independently 11". With the sway bar on you would only get about 7" or 8".

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^ Like he said

Thanks guys. It drives so well right now. It would be hard to change that. I ran it in Barstow last week with RPG owners and it worked great. Im a high speed guy. Just didnt know if I would gain more travel.

Keep in mind, in the SoCal deserts you "usually" are hitting whoops and obstacles in which both wheels travel together while running at speed. If both wheels are acting together (which is the case while doing whoops) your travel is no different with or without the swaybar...