Swapping springs on Icon 3.0's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make springs that can be swapped onto a set of Icon 3.0's? Id like to go back to the same spring rate that the Fox 3.0s/Factory 2.5's have.

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Real tired of the front end of my truck feeling like Im riding in a Ox drawn cart down the Oregon trail in 1800's.

Does anyone make springs that can be swapped onto a set of Icon 3.0's? Id like to go back to the same spring rate that the Fox 3.0s/Factory 2.5's have.

My buddy in AZ tried finding a remedy for the same situation a few years ago with no luck out side of lowering the front to lessen the pre-load. @SDHQ does a lot of Icons. Maybe they know of something?

DezertRacer

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have the cdc settings on your shocks ? what setting are you running around town on ?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Real tired of the front end of my truck feeling like Im riding in a Ox drawn cart down the Oregon trail in 1800's.

Have you called #whatareICONs yet to see if they have different rates available? I'm sure they do. If not, Corey at RPG should be able to help you out. He has a few different places he orders different springs from for testing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Moral of the story.... Should have bought Fox 3.0

Next time [emoji6][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I run then on 5 usually.

Try S or 2 when on the street. Did you buy them new or used? I ask because the newer ones have a softer coil, if they are older you should be able to contact Icon and buy a set.

OP
OP
D

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought them used for a good deal.... now I know why. LOL! Ill try S on my way home from work today.

Im a fan of a nice plush ride with good handling in the corners so some softer springs and a maybe a slightly beefier sway bar would be the best fit for my driving style.

ckanderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly look into getting them revalved? Valving can make a huge difference especially when your talking about quick imperfections like frost heaves and expansion joints.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The full soft position is still too harsh on fast, high frequency hits.
The spring rate is around 100 pounds higher than the fox's, but it's kind of necessary due to the way a non bypass shock works.
You can have the damping to deal with big stuff, or the damping to provide a nice ride at lower speeds, but you can't have both at the same time.
The internal bypasses, or external bypass dual shock setups, do give you both.
The guys that don't mind the icons, or kings, tend to be going from smooth highways directly to banging sandy, rolling whoops. They don't get a lot of time on choppy clay based stuff.
Bottom line, bypasses rule...