Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

SVC Bypass Rack

This is a discussion on SVC Bypass Rack within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Looks good guys ! Considerably more stout than the other option out right now. Yukon, it's a bed cage, what ...

User Tag List

Like Tree250Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #21 (permalink)

ntm
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Looks good guys !
Considerably more stout than the other option out right now.

Yukon, it's a bed cage, what works and what doesn't work has been figured out a long time ago by hundreds of dezert rats. Testing is more of a ritual than a necessity. This bed cage looks built right...

Last edited by ntm; 02-10-2015 at 08:54 AM.
ntm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:31 AM   #22 (permalink)

svc
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 363 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
I hate when you guys test right out the gate with "no issues".....

Tells me your not testing hard enough. It's difficult to get it 100% right out of the gate.

Finding issues during testing and making improvements is a good thing, not a weakness.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

I cant change the reality that there were zero issues with the Bypass Rack this weekend for 500 miles of Baja with a group that is notorious for wounding trucks (this run was no exception) and the rear held up flawlessly. I can only report the facts.

This same truck plus another will be going out again this weekend and one thing I know for sure is this, I've never been told I'm "not testing hard enough". In fact as I type this I'm looking at another companies banner of me driving my truck flying through the air.

Rest assured Joe, nothing leaves our shelves that hasn't been put through the ringer and back, and I agree with you 100%, there is no doubt hard testing yields better products.

Jarrett

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Originally Posted by ntm View Post
Looks good guys !
Considerably more stout than the other option out right now.

Yukon, it's a bed cage, what works and what doesn't work has been figured out a long time ago by hundreds of dezert rats. Testing is more of a ritual than a necessity. This bed cage looks built right...
Yep.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Oh I know you test hard, and I'm not disputing facts. I just like to hear what didn't work and how the final design is improved from it.

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com
Hole Shot likes this.

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #24 (permalink)

Mad Frog Mattis

Mentioned: 1111 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I think you should get one, Joe... Do it.
Yukon Joe and Hole Shot like this.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Oh I know you test hard, and I'm not disputing facts. I just like to hear what didn't work and how the final design is improved from it.

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)
I'll be getting mine soon, I will be sure to post my observations. At the risk of being called an SVC nut swinger, these guys don't make it a habbit of engineering things that don't function correctly the first time. I had a chance to talk with their lead engineer about their projects and see first hand how they develop each part. The level of detail that goes into his computer generated renderings is awesome. I also spoke with Jared who is a wealth of knowledge, it was like drinking from a firehose listening to him talk about building race trucks. This isn't their first rodeo, both Jared and the engineer have countless builds under their belt, I don't think they will have many "issues" if any at all building a bed cage (not to make it sound easy but its probably pretty easy for them).

Old 02-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Great product. I like the idea of the various mounting options for the tire. One thing many racks missed opportunity on. use with or without a bed cover.
boarder1995 likes this.

MTUH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Pricing looks quite attractive, even with Fox 3.0 shocks, compared to just upgrading to standard mount rear 3.0's without increased travel.

The increased 5" of travel comes from droop? What springs are ideal with this arrangement? Deavers 2+ or 3+? Or something more custom?

Old 02-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Originally Posted by svc View Post
I cant change the reality that there were zero issues with the Bypass Rack this weekend for 500 miles of Baja with a group that is notorious for wounding trucks (this run was no exception) and the rear held up flawlessly. I can only report the facts.
I saw the drawings and swore I just saw that rack in Mexico. Then I read this. I was right!!!

Who's truck was it on? I saw it and meant to ask about it when I saw it, but beer and memory got in the way.

'11 SCrew - Tux Black - #5543
jondle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by jondle View Post
I saw the drawings and swore I just saw that rack in Mexico. Then I read this. I was right!!!

Who's truck was it on? I saw it and meant to ask about it when I saw it, but beer and memory got in the way.
I can't remember the owners name but his truck was at SVC when my buddy and I were talking shop with Jeff and his crew. SVC was putting the final touches on it. It was a black raptor with 37in BFG mud terrains sporting the SVC upper and lower CAs, polished 3.5 fox shocks in the rear. Super nice guy, he is from Washington state I believe.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:44 PM   #30 (permalink)

Mad Frog Mattis

Mentioned: 1111 Post(s)

Check out SVC's build thread: Mike N's Truck, Nothing Spared