Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

SVC Bypass Rack

This is a discussion on SVC Bypass Rack within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Hey guys. This might be a dumb question but here it goes. I have Deaver springs and stock shocks. Recently ...

User Tag List

Like Tree250Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2015, 08:53 PM   #221 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Default SVC Bypass Rack
Hey guys. This might be a dumb question but here it goes.

I have Deaver springs and stock shocks. Recently I had my stock shocks out and was expecting the deavers to droop way down but they did not. I actually had to push down on the springs to remove my shocks. My question is how dose the bypass rack gain so much down travel if the springs don't droop out any further? Do the shocks push down the springs? And also with this kit do you need to relocate/ lengthen the rear brake lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 SCREW -RPG Prerunner bumper - Mid Perch - MBRP turndown -M&R 30", and 40" LED bars - Truxedo truxsport - LineX Bed liner - TMX bed supports - RPG power steering reservoir - Herculined rear wheel wells - Method Mesh wheels - KHC undercover tire rack - SVC bump stop system - Deaver +2 springs - KHC race rear bumper - vision X 4.5 light cannons on SDHQ hood mounts - KC cyclone rear lights - SDHQ ABS guardsWaiting for more!

Last edited by LONGISLANDRAPTOR; 06-30-2015 at 09:24 PM.
LONGISLANDRAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 04:44 PM   #222 (permalink)

svc
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 364 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by LONGISLANDRAPTOR View Post
Hey guys. This might be a dumb question but here it goes.

I have Deaver springs and stock shocks. Recently I had my stock shocks out and was expecting the deavers to droop way down but they did not. I actually had to push down on the springs to remove my shocks. My question is how dose the bypass rack gain so much down travel if the springs don't droop out any further? Do the shocks push down the springs? And also with this kit do you need to relocate/ lengthen the rear brake lines?

Hey Mike,

As for the brake lines , you will need extended lines to account for the added droop. I would also check the torque setting on you rear shackles as well since these should be able to droop freely.

-Jeff

SVCOFFROAD

Monday-Friday 9-5pm
1-888-976-5588

22551 Shannon Circle
Lake Forest CA 92630

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/SVCoffroad
http://instagram.com/officialSVC

svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #223 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Ok cool thanks. Maybe a set of poly bushings in the schakle will help. My spring will droop all the way but to get the shock out I have to push down on the wheel skittle more

2013 SCREW -RPG Prerunner bumper - Mid Perch - MBRP turndown -M&R 30", and 40" LED bars - Truxedo truxsport - LineX Bed liner - TMX bed supports - RPG power steering reservoir - Herculined rear wheel wells - Method Mesh wheels - KHC undercover tire rack - SVC bump stop system - Deaver +2 springs - KHC race rear bumper - vision X 4.5 light cannons on SDHQ hood mounts - KC cyclone rear lights - SDHQ ABS guardsWaiting for more!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #224 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

The shock doesn't push on the spring it just dampens (slows down) the movement. Shock has no bearing on ride height

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #225 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Yea that I know thanks Huck. I was just curious how you gain the down travel if the springs don't droop down after shock removal. Mine and other trucks I have had the rear shocks out of, the rear end has to be pushed down to remove the shock. It dosent just fall down when the lower shock bolt is removed like I expected

Old 07-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #226 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

Shackles are too tight.

Icom F5021,RPG Stg 4+ Fox 3.0 coilovers, RPG Tie-rods (modified to camburg hardware), RPG PS reservoir, Camburg 1.25" UCA's , Raptor -Retro fit '13 HIDS, Line-x preminum, Bluewater LED bed lights, Ipad mini navigation. Bubba rope. Rollx, Recon 10.5k winch synth rope, factor 55, SVC Custom acuated tower. Visions 30" xmitter extreme, 35" toyo MT, visionx 6550 spot.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #227 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

In a recent pre-run I pushed the truck harder than I normally do. Let me say I took some hits I could have swore were going to brake something. Instead things were all in place and no issues. Survived 160 miles of dirt and then another 130 paved miles to get home.

Short recap but I can attest to the durability of the dual front and rear setup.
m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote