SVC Bypass Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? He'll build it out of broken broomsticks and boogers.

Damn, He sent me this pic of one he built recently. I didn't think it looked all that bad. He seems to build them about as well as he treats his waitresses. lol #CaitlinRememers

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-16-10-02-11-1_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-16-10-02-11-1_resized.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 109

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jeff

This setup is very impressive. My buddy has it and is very happy with his bypass rack and fox 3.5s.

I am curious what I people thoughts are concerning the load cycling of the bed bolts. I assume compressing the shocks and carrying gear in the bed places a significant amount of force on the bed bolts and accessory bolts used to install the rack. I suspect this loading overtime will cause fatigue failures.

Does anyone carry extra bolts?

Has anyone welded the rack to the frame?

Thanks...trying to inch my way towards ordering one :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeff

This setup is very impressive. My buddy has it and is very happy with his bypass rack and fox 3.5s.

I am curious what I people thoughts are concerning the load cycling of the bed bolts. I assume compressing the shocks and carrying gear in the bed places a significant amount of force on the bed bolts and accessory bolts used to install the rack. I suspect this loading overtime will cause fatigue failures.

Does anyone carry extra bolts?

Has anyone welded the rack to the frame?

Thanks...trying to inch my way towards ordering one :)

I will let Jeff comment more but the bolts are Grade 8. So that is going to be pretty hard to brake.

The front bolts you bolt directly to the frame so welding is a tad over kill.

All I have done after 2 runs is make sure all the bolts where tight just for piece of mind. And for the record none of them even came loose.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will let Jeff comment more but the bolts are Grade 8. So that is going to be pretty hard to brake.

The front bolts you bolt directly to the frame so welding is a tad over kill.

All I have done after 2 runs is make sure all the bolts where tight just for piece of mind. And for the record none of them even came loose.

Thanks for the data point.