SVC Adjustable Bump Stop Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my svc bump stop kit installed for 2 1/2 months now, so I thought I would give a review. Since I use my truck as daily driver, off road vehicle, and travel trailer tow rig.

First off, the svc crew is great to deal with and communication. I ordered at a time when they were behind and moving shop. It took just over a month from when I ordered the kit to when I received it. That said, I never felt forgotten or blown off, which goes a long way with me. I always had instant updates and honest time frames.

The install of the kit was simple and painless. I immediately set the bumps for offroad mode. I later found an issue when trying to drop the bumps down to payload mode. The top of the steel can tha holds bump stop was not trimmed correctly to be able to be bolted on. Was a little disappointed with that as I had to grind down the edge of can to get the necessary clearance, then paint it. Not a major issue by any means, but I really didn't want to have to grind off the powdercoat.

Off road mode the bump stops are great. A major improvement over stock. Not even a comparison to the stock bumps. I wish I would have upgraded sooner!

The payload feature is perfect for my situation as well. I have done one trip pulling my travel trailer now, and it's night and day for how the rear suspension handles the weight. Not only does it ride at a better height, but the suspension travel is so much more controlled when you get into dips on the road. I started at 75 psi but have increased to 90 psi to give me a little more weight support.

The guys at svc were great to me and I love this kit. I would not hesitate to purchase this kit again.

Trav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feed back like this is greet to read for future customers. Thanks for sharing

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you again for your purchase and write up! Glad your using the kit to its full potential. We did have a few kits slip by that didn't have proper clearance once powder was applied but your solution was spot on and we appreciate that. Welcome to the SVC Family!

Cheers

Jeff

OP
OP
JnJraptor

JnJraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot one of my favorite things about this kit. If using air tools, it takes about 5 minutes to adjust the bump height. Don't have to remove tires or anything. Probably a 15 minute job to move them with just hand tools. That has been a big bonus for me.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I installed bumpstop kit on Saturday and today I set cans on tow mode and hauled 1,000 pounds of feed. Truck hardly squat at all. Handling with a load was much better too. I wish I had this kit a long time ago.

Glad your getting full use of the kit! Thanks for the feedback.

-Jeff

Dacam

Reaction score
Question?
Are you guys running with the bump stop sitting directly on the axle when hauling loads?

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question?
Are you guys running with the bump stop sitting directly on the axle when hauling loads?

Thats the idea, but depending on spring configuration it might not do that. With my +3 deavers and the king 2.5" bumps it doesnt sit on the axle with my toy hauler hooked up.