Suspension upgrades - how does this look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BGA23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing the following upgrades to my Raptor's suspension. Am I missing anything and/or do I have anything that I probably don't need?

Icon stage 1 suspension - 3.0 coil overs and ZETA 3.0 bypass
Upper control arms - either Alpha1 or RPG, still undecided
Steering tie rod - Alpha1
Deaver +2 springs

I already have an RPG rear bump stop kit installed. Also plan to upgrade to 37s so will be getting new front fenders to accommodate.

Lastly, I plan to do the suspension work myself/with a buddy in my garage, so I hope I'm not getting in over my head with this project.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome build. My only thought on this is if you plan to go to 37s eventually, I would get the Deaver +3 leaf springs. Good luck!

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome build. My only thought on this is if you plan to go to 37s eventually, I would get the Deaver +3 leaf springs. Good luck!

I have not heard that you should do +3 for 37s...mainly for the loads you plan to carry in your bed. I'm running 37s with National leafs and a drop shackle...zero issues. 37s and off-roading do require the firewall pinch weld being beat back.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind the spring rate for the Deaver +2 and +3 are identical.

Just the arch is different. Its not light duty / heavy duty like other manufacturers.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind the spring rate for the Deaver +2 and +3 are identical.

Just the arch is different. Its not light duty / heavy duty like other manufacturers.

This is what I thought. Why wouldn't you want the extra inch clearance if running larger tires?

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I thought. Why wouldn't you want the extra inch clearance if running larger tires?

No real need. I've never touch in the rear, rarely in the front with stock/modified fenders. Also, the bumps should prevent the tires from getting close to anything in the rear. +2 is fine for 37s.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO. Skip the 3.0s Zeta rear shocks and go straight to the RXTs. I just uninstalled my RPG phase 3 and zetas for the RXT system. I should have went straight to the RXTs.

I bet you can use the SVC bumps stop kit and Deaver 3+ with the RXT shocks. Or just go full RXT system. Also see Bigg50's review in this forum.

I would only do tie-rods when you do the 37s. I run 35s and carry an extra set of OEM tie-rods. If you hit something so hard that you bend a tie rod, then good just replace the tie rod and not the steering system. However, 37s may require the beefier rods.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: