Suspension system upgrade - Kings or Fox or Icon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to upgrade my suspension system, I need 2-3 inch over stock ride height as I want more ground clearance and want to install larger tires. I broke my Fox shocks and there is no compression anymore from the shocks and sudden bumps make the truck vibrates..

Need your advise, please recommend your choice and ideas are most welcomed

Thanks,

Omani-Raptor

OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true and Im already waiting for my new upgrades shipment via sea:
1- IFS CV axles
2- SDHQ steering tie rods
3- Icon UCA
4- deavers +3"

Just need the right shocks, I'm a high speed offroader and we (group of raptors) just crossed the Empty Quarter which is a big plot of desert land that scales up to 3 countries (approx 300,000 sqr km but we mostly covered the area in my country Oman) in 7 days and did approx 3500 km of mileage and I broke my shock after this long trip as I was having over 500 lbs of camping gear , wood, extra fuel , water ..etc while speeding over 160km/h offroad...

It was a great trip and we are planning to do it again this year...

Just need advise on the best possible shocks, I dont care if I loose daily driving ability as long as these shocks can handle how I drive

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tough to say because I have no personal experience with any of the kits. However, the kit that RPG has designed and is currently assembling looks quite intriguing....

Noted, Thanks

All 3 would give me increased travel but i want to a shock where it can out last my truck.

Let me put it this way, if the stock suspension is tuned for 50:50 offroad:eek:nroad setup, I would want something that is tuned for 80:20 favoring offroad and scarficing daily driving... more damping force for extreme use !

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally would go with king, great customer service, awesome product, and many years in the off road market, specifically offroad truck market. Plus they are end-user tuneable, so you can adjust each shock according to what terrain you might come across. You already had a fox blow out on you, try king.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Oh, and I have had Kings on my last two trucks. But they needed to be rebuilt, I looked up how to rebuild king shocks, and the first video I found was from King themselves, showing you how to rebuild. Plus I changed the valving and they were very helpful when I called and spoke with them. I will definitely be installing kings on my Raptor.

OP
OP
O

Omani-Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I live outside US, where do you think I should order it from ? directly from Kings website ? I prefer with those who have paypal account to facilitate the trade quicker and secure...