stock fox shocks life?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on whether it is worth rebuilding vs upgrading. My issue is that I don't want to spend a lot and off-road some but not a lot. I just don't want to spend money on rebuilding just to end up upgrading. Thoughts? My rears seem to be the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my question is...how much difference is there between new rebuilt shocks and upgrading. $250 sounds a lot better than $5000+. I will most likely rebuild. $250 is for a pair approximately, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope this isn't seen as threadjacking, but think it's relevant:
I found a shop here in Sacramento area that can do all the work to remove, rebuild and replace the stock shock, quick estimate about $300. I only have one concern and need y'alls comment.
The guy I spoke to, owner I think, seemed to know f150s and said he has worked on a couple Raptors. He talked about the front shocks being very difficult to get out (bottom end). mentioned using 2 people and a big pry bar. The big pry bar comment shook me. I don't recall hearing anyone else talk about the fronts being that difficult to get out. Should I be concerned about the big pry bar?

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't let them touch my truck. Worked on a couple of Raptors....no way jack, not my truck. Big pry bar ....he can use that on his tractor....

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just hit 80k and still looking to have mine rebuilt locally here in Austin. lol I have a lead on a shop in San Antonio of all else fails. I have a 2011, so I have 2.5's....right?

cbs001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got all four shocks back from Fox after a rebuild. Was painless. I will put them back on when the 3.0's are due for a rebuild.

Iron Creek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had almost 77k on my '11 Raptor when I traded it last week for a '14 SE. The shocks never gave me problem. Had to replace both heating elements in the front seats but that's another story...