Stock Fox Shock Maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spaghetti

Reaction score
I just signed up today as a new member and to all who own a Raptor -- NICE!!
This is just an incredible vehicle and you just have to love this amazing piece of American machinery.

I plan to purchase a new SCAB Raptor in the next few months and would like to get some information regarding the stock Fox shock system. I spoke with several local dealership service departments and none are aware of any service requirements for this shock system. I may have misinterpreted some information posted on the Fox website, but it suggests shock service at 10,000 miles and a possible rebuild at 50,000 miles. Some posts on this forum suggest a bit of maintenance as well, but I'm not sure if it's for the stock system.

Questions:

Does the stock Fox shock system require maintenance such as service intervals to replace seals and check oil/nitrogen?

If so, can the dealership perform this service and how much does it cost?

If these shocks need to be replaced, what is the cost for each and/or the entire system?

I expect to use the vehicle as one my daily drivers and if most of the driving is on road with some off road use for hunting purposes and dealing with wintry conditions, can I reasonably expect the shocks to last around 50,000 miles? Certainly no severe baja running will be encountered.

Thanks for any information you can provide and Merry Christmas to all.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you are thinking the 3.0
the stock are 2.5 and made specifically for the consumer.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

oh and the service at 50,000 is for hard off road baja type running. I only with I had the 3.0 fox

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Answers to your questions.

1. This will answer your maint question. http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f191/there-parts-manual-oem-raptor-shocks-17456/

2. No. The shocks (according to Fox) must be sent in to Fox for the rebuild. As explained in above thread.

3. From the dealer they are roughly $600 a pop. But you can always find used ones on this site for quite a bit less.

4. Don't see why you couldn't get 50K or much more out of em.

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my source at FOX here are the intervals of maintenance/rebuild.

50,000mi for on the road driving
10,000mi for on and off road driving
1,000mi for strictly off road driving

It is wise to give your vehicle a good once over every week. Also it is normal to see a bit of "shock sweat" around the wiper seals on both front and rear shocks. If you start seeing fluid running down the shock body on the fronts or any shock fluid on the lower mount on the rears it's time to rebuild or replace.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

The stock shocks are good for 100k miles without any service.

I'd really like to know where you got that info.

Brendo310

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
According to my source at FOX here are the intervals of maintenance/rebuild.

50,000mi for on the road driving
10,000mi for on and off road driving
1,000mi for strictly off road driving

It is wise to give your vehicle a good once over every week. Also it is normal to see a bit of "shock sweat" around the wiper seals on both front and rear shocks. If you start seeing fluid running down the shock body on the fronts or any shock fluid on the lower mount on the rears it's time to rebuild or replace.

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

I'd really like to know where you got that info.

Those intervals are for the Fox aftermarket 3.0's
Stock shocks are good for 100k miles.

Nitefighter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Brendo how about you call FOX and double check. Just saying "bro". Also there's no info out there that states these shocks are good for 100k "bud".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts