GEN 1 Steering Wheel Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm with ruby, steering feedback is not always a bad thing. I have it. It's never violent though so to me it's normal

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it really? My truck doesn't seem to have the bounce that blown shocks would exhibit.

Mine was the same way when my factory shocks needed a rebuild. I had less miles on mine too. No bouncy behaviour, just odd feedback over small stuff.

OP
OP
Mjparsons

Mjparsons

Reaction score
Really? Then it has to be that they need a rebuild. Same exact characteristics. I'm having trouble finding a shop to rebuild them in Orange County, CA. I can't take them off and send them in to fox, I need a shop to help me out.

svt_reid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That explains mine too then. 52 thousand miles on stock shocks. I had gotten aftermarket tie rods and upper control arms a while back and I thought it was odd that it didn't seem to help that at all. I'm honestly not too disappointed though. Such a great excuse to get 3.0s

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That explains mine too then. 52 thousand miles on stock shocks. I had gotten aftermarket tie rods and upper control arms a while back and I thought it was odd that it didn't seem to help that at all. I'm honestly not too disappointed though. Such a great excuse to get 3.0s

That's exactly what I thought.
But I soon found myself with a welder in hand attacking the truck. It's a slippery slope :crazy:

OP
OP
Mjparsons

Mjparsons

Reaction score
I just hit up the dealer I bought it from last month to schedule a time for them to look at my shocks. I get that I bought a used truck but this shouldn't be my problem after dropping 45k on a vehicle.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I hit a bump on the road yesterday and it jolted my steering wheel 10-15 degrees in my hand.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hit up the dealer I bought it from last month to schedule a time for them to look at my shocks. I get that I bought a used truck but this shouldn't be my problem after dropping 45k on a vehicle.

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I hit a bump on the road yesterday and it jolted my steering wheel 10-15 degrees in my hand.

The dealers won't do anything unless the shocks are visibly leaking. They have no tooling or knowledge to rebuild them, so they usually just replace them.
You're best off just sending them to fox.