GEN 1 Steering Wheel Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjparsons

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm wondering how much feedback other raptor owners are getting with regular driving? My truck is a 2012 Screw on mid perch with everything stock. I get a little kick back in the steering wheel at low speeds over bumps and the same at high speeds. Just a small amount of feedback left or right in the wheel. Is this normal for other owners? How much do you guys feel bumps in the road through your steering wheel?

I'm trying to gauge if there's parts that need replacement or if it's normal. I just bought it about a month ago so if anything needs replacement Ford is definitely handling it for me.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you hit bumps and stuff and think you wouldn't feel that it the steering of a 3 ton truck? Who wouldn't want a little feedback? This is a specialty truck built to go Offroad. Feedback isn't always a bad thing.....

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How many miles are on the truck? The shocks might be due for a rebuild. Have you ever experienced bump steer in any other truck or vehicle?

OP
OP
Mjparsons

Mjparsons

Reaction score
There's 52k on the truck. I don't have the other symptoms of shocks that need a rebuild but that could be it. My 2002 FX4 had insane problems with steering, I went through idler and pitman arms like skittles.

Evil Twins

Reaction score
I'm noticing the same thing after putting on 37's. I have the electric rack on mine so different from the the Raptor but washboard sections in the road seem to excessively boss my steering system around. Would upgraded tie rods help with this?

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed more feedback (I called it bump steer) on mid perch than I do on bottom perch. I think it's a combination of tie rod angle and the stiffer bypass zone the shock rides at when on mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mjparsons

Mjparsons

Reaction score
I noticed more feedback (I called it bump steer) on mid perch than I do on bottom perch. I think it's a combination of tie rod angle and the stiffer bypass zone the shock rides at when on mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you gone back to bottom from mid perch and noticed a reduction in bump steer?