Stage 3 RPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm looking at the Stage 3 RPG kit. It looks super beefy and I would feel better with it supporting the frame even though i only plan on doing light off-roading. My questions is are you guys that have a frame support kit from RPG welding it to the frame or just bolting it? How many bolting points are there? It looks like only 2?

Also those of you with the Air Bumps did you bolt the steel plate pads onto the axle or weld those on?

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why don't people post questions like these in threads about the same product/subject? I get that people want to start their own threads ("look at me" factor) but it's so much better (IMO) for questions like this to be in the thread on the product.

OP
OP
AngryBird

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't people post questions like these in threads about the same product/subject? I get that people want to start their own threads ("look at me" factor) but it's so much better (IMO) for questions like this to be in the thread on the product.

Just to annoy you :flipthebird:

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to annoy you :flipthebird:

retard_RE_I_dont_care-s388x507-139739.jpg

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm looking at the Stage 3 RPG kit. It looks super beefy and I would feel better with it supporting the frame even though i only plan on doing light off-roading. My questions is are you guys that have a frame support kit from RPG welding it to the frame or just bolting it? How many bolting points are there? It looks like only 2?

Also those of you with the Air Bumps did you bolt the steel plate pads onto the axle or weld those on?

AngryBird,

The entire Top section of the brace uses 10 bolts in total, not including the leaf spring U-Bolts and impact pad bolts.

There is no need to weld our kit to the frame. The whole rear support strengthens the entire rear section, not just the weak point. The bumps are located further out so Duck Walk is reduced and the kit can be bolted on to a truck with an existing bent frame.

Thanks for the question and once again thanks to BigJ for taking time out of his life to do amazing write-ups.

Jarrett

Deinonychus

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the more reason for a BigJ corner on the forum! :)

He's done a lot and as written to tell about it. :ROFLJest:

I concur.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

If I were looking for some third party input on Raptor suspension modifications, I'd have chosen the location.