GEN 1 Sprung Under questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I'm considering going to a sprung under setup with Deaver +8 springs. I'll run with regular Fox3.0 for a while, so won't see any benefit for travel numbers. But might see some improvement with preventing axle hop. Who's running Deaver sprung under? Is it stiffer than the Deaver +3 stander over axle setup? Stiffer or softer than stock springs? I've got Deaver +3 currently and they're nice and soft. I don't want to lose that nice rear ride.

Eventually, I'll go with a bedcage or cantilever arrangement for the extra travel and more travel zone tune-ability with a greater number of bypass tubes (bedcage and 3.5 shocks).

I've FRF searched and didn't find any direct info on this. Thanks for any feedback.

OP
OP
boarder1995

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't see a lot of spring under raptors. The few that are out there have what you describe in your second paragraph. Bed cage, or cantilever.

I can give you better insight on it when my Rogue Racing cantilever and spring under setup is done in a few weeks.

Understood. Do you have Deaver or stock springs currently?

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the Rogue Racing setup i have its a soft ride comparable to stock. You will have less axle hop sprung under if any but that also depends on the rest of your suspension(non with the setup i have at close to 700 hp and 37 inch tires).

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sprung under will cause driveshaft issues due to the way the axle moves. In lower horsepower applications/ranger it works well but in raptors not so much. Unless your going 4 link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sprung under will cause driveshaft issues due to the way the axle moves. In lower horsepower applications/ranger it works well but in raptors not so much. Unless your going 4 link.

Raptors seem to do just fine with sprung under setups. One of our crew has sprung under with a couple thousand hard offroad miles on it with zero issues

23450797085_ae1534c53e_b.jpgIMG_0979 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

And the red Rogue truck has man offroad miles on it and is doing perfectly fine. It was keeping up with Gordon's 4linked Raptor. Granted he was taking it easy but still not an easy task for any mortal Raptor. I'd double check your source of information. Often it comes from people who have tried it but weren't able to execute it so they say it can't be done.

21438175820_30435bc3fc_b.jpgIMG_1376 by Expedition X Offroad, on Flickr

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't compare a cantilever system to a basics sprung under system. There not the Same.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can't compare a cantilever system to a basics sprung under system. There not the Same.

Well the above white truck IS your basic sprung under setup with bedcage and Rogue is cantilever. Both have performed flawlessly. I don't understand your point?

Last edited: