Spring rubbing shock body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N2fire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've got a question for you guys. I have a 2013 Raptor and just had the shocks changed from top perch to mid perch and now I can see the springs are rubbing the shock body on both front shocks. Just eyeballing it I can see the shock isn't centered in the spring and actually leans to one side. Anyone have that happen before or have any thoughts? Thank you for your time and thoughts.

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pictures? I have a hard time imagining it. The shock shaft is centered by the shock hat. And the shock hat can only fit the upper shock mounts one way, the studs are not equidistant.

The only thing I can think is the spring isnt seated to the upper mount and its cocked over.

Take it back to the shop you had do the work. You paid for them to do it properly.

OP
OP
N

N2fire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just received a email back from Forged Off-road and they said that they have seen it before when it was on top perch then changed to mid. I’m not sure if this somehow distorts the spring and then it can’t return to its original form or what. They didn’t specify. I’ll try and get some pics up tomorrow.
Thanks again

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe the spring was not put back into the right position in the top mount.
Or the ring the top the spring sits in is now broken.
That ring is shaped so when the top of the spring rests inside the top mount it fully seats.
And sorry for not using all the correct terminology.