Shock Weepage is Normal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am probably late to the party. Noticed this the other day. Maybe it's old news for all you FRF salts. The red arrowed entries are included in a multiple page long list of F-150 TSB's.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty clever for Ford to cover their ass and they are the ones designed the truck....wash your hands and tell the customer "Oh Well...."

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Pretty clever for Ford to cover their ass and they are the ones designed the truck....wash your hands and tell the customer "Oh Well...."

A little bit is fine, it's when it's a lot that it becomes evidence of an issue. You know how some on here are. If there was even the tiniest spec of fluid on the shaft they'd be screaming that it's "unacceptable on my $xx,*** truck!"

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
depends on how large.

hoover damn has a crack in it, im sure its acceptable.
gushing and murdering 1000s of people in the valley bellow? probably want to do something about it.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GaryE,
I guess it's how hard you drive your truck. When I upgraded at about 87,000 miles my original shocks did not yet show any sign of oil seepage. I will be sending them out for rebuilding, but they were still riding well at the time of removal...

Eddie

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
GaryE,
I guess it's how hard you drive your truck. When I upgraded at about 87,000 miles my original shocks did not yet show any sign of oil seepage. I will be sending them out for rebuilding, but they were still riding well at the time of removal...

Eddie

It definitely is dependent on that. The service intervals go way down for hard off-road use. 'Normal' use is something like 50k and 'hard offroad' use is 36k I believe.

I'd be willing to bet they are at least slightly low on N2 at a minimum. Shock oil probably doesn't look amazing inside either. Good call on getting them rebuilt. It'll be a whole different truck afterwards.

OP
OP
Gary E

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eddie,
Thanks for the info. My beast doesn't get used very hard. It's mostly pavement time, so I expect to get good mileage from the shocks.