Seized shock collar... I got you.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so after 2 attempts at moving to mid perch and 2 defeats I am going big. Sure I could have just bought a press but with scrap laying around from another project and time to play in the garage... why not build my own?

I plan on making a mount specific to our stock shocks to make sure everything is mounted very securely. I'll let everyone know how it goes with mine and then if you are in my area and need it done you can just stop in, have a couple beverages, and we'll knock it out. Then straight to the alignment shop with you. More pics to follow as I git err done.

Attachments

• 20160819_164828.jpg
    20160819_164828.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 129
D

Deleted member 12951

Looks like it will be a nice setup. Have to say when I first read you were going big, I thought you meant you were just going to get some 3.0's instead.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it will be a nice setup. Have to say when I first read you were going big, I thought you meant you were just going to get some 3.0's instead.

Not in the budget right now. That's why I am being cheap and just building my own custom setup. Just completed rebuilds on my fronts and going to do the rear shocks on Sunday. Makes more sense right now to just get the most out of what I already have. Plus this is a problem for a lot of us in the rusty areas of the country. By the time it's done it'll be easy enough to just throw in the truck and take it to events even to hook others up.

D

Deleted member 12951

Not in the budget right now. That's why I am being cheap and just building my own custom setup. Just completed rebuilds on my fronts and going to do the rear shocks on Sunday. Makes more sense right now to just get the most out of what I already have. Plus this is a problem for a lot of us in the rusty areas of the country. By the time it's done it'll be easy enough to just throw in the truck and take it to events even to hook others up.

Sounds like we need to buy more pictures...

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we need to buy more pictures...

LOL. Nah. We spend too much on traveling and other stuff. As much as we both love this truck we are easily side tracked with all our other interests. And they all cost $$.

You going to HAVOC? We'll be there doing pics so if you liked what we did at TRR we can make sure we get some more of you. I think this time around we would really like to spend less time on the track and more time doing what we really excell at which is stylized, more commercial shots.

D

Deleted member 12951

LOL. Nah. We spend too much on traveling and other stuff. As much as we both love this truck we are easily side tracked with all our other interests. And they all cost $$.

You going to HAVOC? We'll be there doing pics so if you liked what we did at TRR we can make sure we get some more of you. I think this time around we would really like to spend less time on the track and more time doing what we really excell at which is stylized, more commercial shots.

I am going to Raptoberfest

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on making a mount specific to our stock shocks to make sure everything is mounted very securely. I'll let everyone know how it goes with mine and then if you are in my area and need it done you can just stop in, have a couple beverages, and we'll knock it out. Then straight to the alignment shop with you. More pics to follow as I git err done.

I'd take you up on this offer. How'd this turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd take you up on this offer. How'd this turn out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty much done. I had a leaking shock following a recent rebuild so I had to handle that instead of finishing it. It is operational now but I have been too focused on HAVOC prep to finish it. Are you in my area? Going to HAVOC? I could probably just bring it if your going. Do you have a spare set or are they on the truck and need removal and pressing?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk