RST 16 tire rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Trying to sort all the details out on tire clearance on the RST 16 kit. I want to go with Black Rhino Barstows purely because of the load rating of 3640, but they have an offset of 12 and width is 9.5. RPG and a few other members have stated that 0 is needed and you still might see some rubbing when aired down and with articulation. Some have run very mild spacers without issue. I know that is in no way ideal. So my newest question is are King 3.0s not as "wide" as the Fox 3.0s at the point of rubbing? That looks to be just kissing the adjustment tubes. Or could the adjustment tubes be run inside? It doesn't look like they can but I figured I'd ask.

TIA, DP

Last edited:

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. Trying to sort all the details out on tire clearance on the RST 16 kit. I want to go with Black Rhino Barstows purely because of the load rating of 3640, but they have an offset of 12 and width is 9.5. RPG and a few other members have stated that 0 is needed and you still might see some rubbing when aired down and with articulation. Some have run very mild spacers without issue. I know that is in no way ideal. So my newest question is are King 3.0s not as "wide" as the Fox 3.0s at the point of rubbing? That looks to be just kissing the adjustment tubes. Or could the adjustment tubes be run inside? It doesn't look like they can but I figured I'd ask.

TIA, DP

Just an FYI, the RST16 uses a 3.5" shock body not a 3.0. I assume that's what you meant but just wanted you to be aware.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

TIA, DP

If it matters the Barstow is only rated at 2450lbs (less than Method/Fuel, XD etc...). The 3640 is a typo. That being said, RPG recommends an 8.5 with a +00 and the Barstow is a 9.5 with a +12 so you'd lose a whole inch to the inside. Probably not ideal.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it matters the Barstow is only rated at 2450lbs (less than Method/Fuel, XD etc...). The 3640 is a typo. That being said, RPG recommends an 8.5 with a +00 and the Barstow is a 9.5 with a +12 so you'd lose a whole inch to the inside. Probably not ideal.

Really. That is what I assumed, but I even contacted them and they said it was correct. I knew it was too good to be true! Thanks. I'll be changing my order.

Koa04

Reaction score

Sorry, I just saw this thread and I'm hoping it's not too late to correct my mistake. I have a 2018 screw and I just ordered a set off the 17 inch Barstow's. I thought I searched everything possible and then came across this thread minutes ago. Will the Black Rhino fit with a leveling collar on my Raptor without rubbing? I will do little off-roading (trails mostly) and won't be jumping the rig (at least not on purpose). Thanks for your answers