RPG and your warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcjohnson22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have gotten the RPG kits, I was wondering if you had waited for your warranties to run out or if you had any issues with your warranty getting voided?

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Voided my warranty for replacement of my cracked steering gear. :(

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Huh how? I still have my warranty just the dealership replaced my steering gear 4 days before I went out and broke it again, so they wouldn't replace it, but my warranty remains un voided bluesvt there bullshittin ya.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends on the stealership! One said they would not cover my CV joints because of uca, and tierods. They said " the uca, and tierods allowed the CV joint angles greater than Fords design specs which caused the failure" another stealership said it was the top perch and negative offset wheels caused the damage. Screw dealers! I will fix it my damn self and make it that much better!

-Greg

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i got threatened that my warranty is under risk.... i just took the keys drove to another dealership and they were like ... YAY we get to work on a raptor!! NO PROBLEMS. its not the dealership that voids the warranty its ford. they all have to get ford's approval for warranty claims. yeah it depends on the stupidity of the dealership but if your not officially warranty voided by ford then dealership can't do shit.
they quoted me 1800 for the steering gear, i took half a day off 4 hours each way to go to detroit... got a steering gear for 585$, the dude forgot to even charge me 250$ for the core.
Funny thing is i bought a shitload of parts in the states but when i come back and instal everything i found out my wheel hub assembly is completely fked, so as much as i tried to avoid the dealerships i ordered a hub from them. 450$!!!!!! in the states 220$!!

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Wait 3 years or 36,000 miles to do mods?!?!?!?! Ya right!!! Good thing all the RPG stuff is bolt on so if something does break and you are worried about warranty you can spend a few hours and put it back to stock :waytogo: My dealership has always taken really good care of me and never given me grief for mods and warranty work.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i dont take mine anymore, too many retards. they say they are SVT qualified... my ass... i came in for a oil change i was there for 3 hours, they couldnt figure out how to do it on a raptor. I take it to my mechanic/fabshop specialize in 4x4

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Netix, what about the dealership in Niagara Falls, its much closer then Detroit. Ask them to match the price of the other dealership.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't matter they still import the parts. I found out the best way for us Canadians to do anything with the truck is take a few days off and go to the u.s dealer and get work done there. Labour and parts like 60 percent cheaper annnnnnd it's already installed don't need to declare anything

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
012bluesvt's big prob tho with the warranty issue was he got the 3.0's on his and the stealership knew it, thats why they didnt warranty it, if he would put the 2.5s back on and head to a dealer im sure they would fix it. but the effort to swap prob dont outweigh the part replacement he needs lol