GEN 1 RPG tierods and Icon coilovers hit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with aftermarket tierods (I have RPG) hitting bottom coilover plate? The ICON spacers put shock "as far forward away from axle" but it hits the larger diameter tierods. Wonder about size spacers. Thanks.
fc8bea271609185355b006fe0c4ecc18.jpg
0a07ee34bfda9783edd37875ae9a7cd0.jpg

OP
OP
Raw Horsepower

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with duplicate spacers from for shock insert. When I was in middle of install had to shave down and used their note in instructions "as far forward as possible, away from axle" maybe it needs a little more clearance. Going to check with Icon and get correct spacer and try again. Thanks for feedback.
This is the issue of used items missing correct parts.

D

Deleted member 12951

I have ICON 3.0's and SDHQ tie rods and no issues. I did with stock tie rods but that was because an unnamed frf vendor installed the spacers incorrectly. You do not need to be shaving the spacers, if you are then something ain't right

OP
OP
Raw Horsepower

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two sets of spacers. I needed spacers and adapter slugs. The correct part shipped from Icon yesterday and arriving today. Should be good.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't hesitate to call the shop. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk