RPG tie rod questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have 2 questions about the RPG tie rod kit.

1) With the factory tie rods, my steering wheel shifts left or right after running offroad. Will the RPG tie rods eliminate this?

2) I see in the installation video for the tie rods that the rack boots need to be cut. When the boots are cut do they seal tightly around the RPG stuff or can dirt get in past the cut boot?

Thanks guys!

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I cut the boot just enough to where it'll slide onto the tie rod tightly. There really is no need to heat them. Nothing will get in there when it's firmly fitted. Just trim it a little at a time to see where you're at.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for your steering wheel shifting left or right, its not your tie rods. Its the alignment that gets knocked out of whack. Even though you get those LCA bolts cranked down, they can still move around on ya.

If for some reason you mess up the boot when trimming, they're like $45 each from ford, and that includes the clamps.

Last edited: