RPG Stage 2 kit installed **PICS**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
whisler151

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This has happened to people that drive just on the highways and not offroad at all so I don't see how you can say that honestly. I wonder if this has happened to supercrews at all vs the supercabs.

Then explain how this happens just going down the highway?

Huh? No, this has not happened to people just driving down the freeway.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well on the other forum there were people "claiming" to have just been driving highway and no offroad and ended up having a bent frame so I was just curious. I'm not even going to worry with the RGP stuff then especially since I haven't seen any real proven things of the screw having this problem.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way the RGP setuP is ideal if you don't want to risk bending your frame offroad. If its happened to all those people it's obviously a problem.

RPG

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well on the other forum there were people "claiming" to have just been driving highway and no offroad and ended up having a bent frame so I was just curious. I'm not even going to worry with the RGP stuff then especially since I haven't seen any real proven things of the screw having this problem.

The bent frame is an equal opportunity offender. We have seen it countless times on both platforms. Even if you don't ever opt to buy one thing from RPG. I would still recommend you put something on there even if it's from another vendor:waytogo:
IMG_0357.jpg

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over 70 thousand miles on and off road and zero bent frame issues using stock springs, shocks and tires with a lightly loaded bed. However, a good bump stop upgrade would be a great mod and RPG looks like one of the best to me...peace of mind and of course pay-to-play. One question I have though is with the stock set-up the bump stop hits the strike pad inside of the spring pack closer to the axle center and with the aftermarket it is far outside of the spring pack towards the end of the axle-has anyone looked into the possibility that the increased leverage could cause additional stress on the axle housing resulting in leaks/bends or is it a non issue?