Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1]

RPG Stage 2 kit installed **PICS**

This is a discussion on RPG Stage 2 kit installed **PICS** within the Ford Raptor Suspension Discussion and Modifications Forum [GEN 1] forums, part of the GEN 1 (2010-2014) Ford SVT Raptor Forums category!
Originally Posted by ITSALLGOOD looks like a pretty nice kit , I didn't see a spare tire in your pics ...

User Tag List

Like Tree13Likes

Sponsored By: Fox - Redefining Ride Dynamics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by ITSALLGOOD View Post
looks like a pretty nice kit , I didn't see a spare tire in your pics ,does the spare tire need to be removed when installing this kit >?
Thanks, I didn't notice that. It does look like they dropped the spare tire for instal. Not sure if it is necessary or if it just makes it easier.

Loaded 2010 6.2 | Borla | Bedrug | Top perch | RPG Stage 3 | Method Double Standads | 37" Toyo M/Ts | Glassworks Fenders | Four 8" KC Rally 800 | JL Audio 10" sub | Rockford Fosgate amp | 3M matte black hood | TMX Front Skid Plate

www.TexasMotorworx.com
whisler151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

FYT

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You'll want the OEM bumpstop off.
Raptizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)

Rock and Roll Offroad

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Looks good man. I should be dropping my truck off next week. The backordered Rigid bar beat my ADD Bumper lol.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Looks great whisler!

I can help with a couple of the comments/questions:
-Definitely go with whatever RPG says, but if I'm you I pull off those OEM bumpstops immediately. They will prevent those beautiful Fox air bumps from doing their job. They serve no purpose now and if anything, are only going to get in the way.

You can pull 'em easily enough. If I remember right there's one center 13mm bolt accessible from the stop's bottom. Grab a socket and a wrench and be rid of those things!

-The spare tire doesn't need to drop for install. I don't recall it being in the way at all.

Any plans to play with the pressure in the Fox's? I've left mine at 200psi, but I haven't been off road yet either to see if I like them there or not.
rhino likes this.
BigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Raptizzle View Post
You'll want the OEM bumpstop off.
Thanks, Jarrett just let me know that.

Originally Posted by Maxx2893 View Post
Looks good man. I should be dropping my truck off next week. The backordered Rigid bar beat my ADD Bumper lol.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing your bumper.

Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Looks great whisler!

I can help with a couple of the comments/questions:
-Definitely go with whatever RPG says, but if I'm you I pull off those OEM bumpstops immediately. They will prevent those beautiful Fox air bumps from doing their job. They serve no purpose now and if anything, are only going to get in the way.

You can pull 'em easily enough. If I remember right there's one center 13mm bolt accessible from the stop's bottom. Grab a socket and a wrench and be rid of those things!

-The spare tire doesn't need to drop for install. I don't recall it being in the way at all.

Any plans to play with the pressure in the Fox's? I've left mine at 200psi, but I haven't been off road yet either to see if I like them there or not.
Thanks. Yeah, i'll be taking the stock ones off asap. Also, what is the benefit of dropping the psi and how does one do that? My truck is driven on pavement 99.9% of the time.

Loaded 2010 6.2 | Borla | Bedrug | Top perch | RPG Stage 3 | Method Double Standads | 37" Toyo M/Ts | Glassworks Fenders | Four 8" KC Rally 800 | JL Audio 10" sub | Rockford Fosgate amp | 3M matte black hood | TMX Front Skid Plate

www.TexasMotorworx.com
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

will plunder your booty

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

Looks great! Got my stage 3 kit Tuesday, just waitin for some time to do it.
pirate air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
Thanks. Yeah, i'll be taking the stock ones off asap. Also, what is the benefit of dropping the psi and how does one do that? My truck is driven on pavement 99.9% of the time.
As I understand it, the more air pressure in the air bump, the harder the thing is going to push back. So if you're in the dirt haulin ass and you hit something hard, you want that air stop to fight just as hard against the incoming axle, slowing it down as fast as possible. The higher psi absorbs more incoming energy, basically.

On the other hand, the higher psi also means that you might feel it hit over normal road bumps as the axle moves, right? Its trying to resist that movement...

RPG said that some guys have found that they like a softer feel around town, and that those guys end up dropping down to around 100 or 120psi. Then, when they hit the dirt they'll pump back up to 200psi (using only nitrogen! Don't use normal compressed air).

I've left mine alone for now. I don't have a high PSI gague and I don't have a nitrogen tank that will fill them back up. So 200 it is for now.

PS: Ya see that O-ring on the shaft of the air bump? Move/roll it all the way up. Now go out and put your truck thru your normal daily driver paces. Did that O-ring move? That's there to help you see how much of the bump you're using. In theory, you'd want that ring to never be at the bottom of the shaft, but maybe like 1/2" off? You can play with the air pressure so that that's where it ends up after you take the hardest bump you ever plan to take. You can do this for both on and off road situations, and then you have you're two PSIs to use.

Hope that makes sense.
BigJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

RPG
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)

Once again my man Big J is on the job.

To back up what he said./

1. Factory jounce bump goes bye-bye.
2. You do not need to remove the spare tire or bed to install.
3. A good mechanic can do a stage two in a few hours if they have done the install before.

Try not to start messing with pressures. If you don't have access to the right gauge, nitrogen bottle ect... You really shouldn't play with them.
Also, if for whatever reason you lower the pressure, you HAVE to use nitrogen to refill NOT air.

Whisler is all good now and ready to beat that thing up....

Like us on FaceBook:

Follow us on Instagram:

Subscribe to us on YouTube:
[/CENTER]

23231 Vista Grande
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Hours 8am-5pm Mon-Friday
Sat and Sun appointment only
RPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

FRF Addict

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
Hope that makes sense.
It does, thanks!

Originally Posted by RPG View Post
Once again my man Big J is on the job.

To back up what he said./

1. Factory jounce bump goes bye-bye.
2. You do not need to remove the spare tire or bed to install.
3. A good mechanic can do a stage two in a few hours if they have done the install before.

Try not to start messing with pressures. If you don't have access to the right gauge, nitrogen bottle ect... You really shouldn't play with them.
Also, if for whatever reason you lower the pressure, you HAVE to use nitrogen to refill NOT air.

Whisler is all good now and ready to beat that thing up....
I'm all good now...thanks.
BigJ likes this.

www.TexasMotorworx.com
Old 02-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

Lord of the Raptors

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I picked up my stage 2 from Tejas yesterday. Cant wait to get my springs and get it all installed. The quality of the fab work is flawless!
BigJ likes this.
treypal is offline   Reply With Quote