RPG Leaf Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is anyone running the RPG Leaf springs? I'm looking to upgrade from stock but don't want anything too stiff or to change the ride height. I know they're a big improvement offroad but what about on the street? Is it a stiffer ride? More bouncy? Similar to stock? The truck is primary a daily driver with occasional off road and I don't tow anything or have any weight in the back so I'm looking for better offroad performance without sacrificing on road comfort.

thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 12951

RPG doesn’t make or sub out leaf springs under their name. Their website needs to be updated. They used to offer National Springs but they resell Deavers now.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPG doesn’t make or sub out leaf springs under their name. Their website needs to be updated. They used to offer National Springs but they resell Deavers now.

Interesting. They’ve been on there for over a year. Guess they’re really behind on their website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
is anyone running the RPG Leaf springs? I'm looking to upgrade from stock but don't want anything too stiff or to change the ride height. I know they're a big improvement offroad but what about on the street? Is it a stiffer ride? More bouncy? Similar to stock? The truck is primary a daily driver with occasional off road and I don't tow anything or have any weight in the back so I'm looking for better offroad performance without sacrificing on road comfort.

thanks in advance

You are going to see an improvement with progressive springs both on-road and off-road. Night and day improvement.

Deaver +2 (level ride at mid-perch) or +3 for about an 1" lift in the back.

I was amazed just how much better the back end felt after going to progressive springs. Other than cost there are no cons.

Forged Offroad is doing a group buy right now... @Stagecoach or @Lynxs961 can get you more info if you interested in Deaver.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Deavers ftw! I'm running +3's and the ride on and off road is much better. Go with +2's if you want to sit at stock height.

Biffler

Reaction score
I currently run Deaver +2 with a 2" drop shackle. They are night and day when it comes to ride quality.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 here and the ride quality like everyone has indicated is better than stock.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
What progressive springs do you use?

I have Deaver +3 with a load leaf. Originally I had +2 and I sat level at mid-perch up front. When I added my chase rack, tires and gear I was nose high. It got worse when I hooked up my 7k pound toybox.

Deaver then re-arched to +3 and added a load leaf. Empty I sit about an 1" over stock and when I add my gear, I am at a factory stance. Towing I sit level.

As for the ride it's great and I don't notice the load leaf at all. Shock tuning goes very far as well if you have adjustable shocks but even with OEM shocks like I had at first I couldn't believe how great it felt going from OEM to progressive springs.