RPG Bolt on LT Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a neat setup, but those travel numbers do sound more like a mid travel kit. What are yall projecting as a price range for the whole setup?

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would not really call it a long travel kit. I think this can be classified as mid travel..

Doesn't matter really.
You're getting an external bypass added and a fabricated knuckle, with all connections in double shear.
A little extra travel is just gravy.
This is a much better buy than doing the double front setup and retaining the stock knuckle. Sure you can reinforce the stock knuckle, but anything left as a single shear joint is a liability, as many have found.
Personally, I'd still do something like the brenthel for the extra compression travel, but for somebody wanting a simpler bolt on setup, this is very attractive, especially to those who already have 3.0's.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't matter really.
You're getting an external bypass added and a fabricated knuckle, with all connections in double shear.
This is a much better buy than doing the double front setup and retaining the stock knuckle. Sure you can reinforce the stock knuckle, but anything left as a single shear joint is a liability, as many have found.
Personally, I'd still do something like the brenthel for the extra compression travel, but for somebody wanting a simpler bolt on setup, this is very attractive, especially to those who already have 3.0's.

Hmm.. Can you point out the post where I said anything about quality...? I am certainly not bashing it as its what I have been waiting for as I have no quality off road fab shops around me to do any of the other kits like the Brenthel/Baja setup

My point was calling it a Long Travel setup is wrong in my view. When you have 16"+ of travel then it should be called long travel.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't matter really.

Yeah really just your opinion that it doesn't matter, for many it does. But as you stated, the beauty of this kit is that if you already have the shocks then you can continue to build on your purchase instead of having to replace aftermarket parts with new parts which is gravy.

ntm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah really just your opinion that it doesn't matter, for many it does. But as you stated, the beauty of this kit is that if you already have the shocks then you can continue to build on your purchase instead of having to replace aftermarket parts with new parts which is gravy.

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding what I was trying to say, or misconstruing the tone of the message.
I was just saying the value of the kit is in the increased durability, adjustability and damping performance (external bypass). A little more droop travel is the gravy, not necessarily the selling point.